Are you looking for an opportunity to use your professional experience whilst serving in a Christian environment? In the top 2% of UK charities, The Christian Conference Trust is a leading provider of residential ministry, serving hundreds of churches and Christian organisations across the UK. Following the recent appointment of a dynamic new Chief Executive, we want to strengthen our senior leadership team with an executive appointment in Finance. We are looking for a passionate, high-calibre individual with the breadth of commercial skills and experience to lead the finance directorate, setting the standard in the next chapter of Christian conferencing.
As Head of Finance you will develop and lead a best-in-class finance directorate with full responsibility for all aspects of CCT’s financial management and decisioning including leading and inspiring the finance team and working closely with the Chief Executive to provide high quality strategic financial direction and analysis. As an active member of the Senior Leadership Team, the post-holder will act as a guardian of CCT’s Christian ethos.
- Lead, develop and motivate a high-performing finance team, creating an environment where exceptional financial reporting and control, planning and analysis is consistently delivered through optimum individual and team working
- Prepare and deliver an annual budget, together with ad hoc reforecasts as required
- Work closely and proactively with the senior leadership team to provide support and advice to inform commercial decisions
- Prepare high quality commercial input to major investment or acquisition business plans
- Develop best-in-class financial analysis methodologies which continually challenge and improve cost and income effectiveness
- Support the Head of Marketing to develop rigorous ROI analysis, performance reporting of all marketing activity and to produce and annual Impact Report
- Produce accurate and timely financial reporting which enables relevant and high quality performance management and business decisioning
- Manage the annual external audit and year-end reporting process; including Companies House and Charity Commission reporting requirements
- Actively manage cashflow management requirements and to act as senior liaison with lenders
- Provide commercial input to procurement, supplier contracts and agreements
- Oversee effective and appropriate management and use of financial database/ payroll systems, ensuring GDPR compliance.
- Act as a guardian of CCT’s Christian ethos; able to clearly and sensitively articulate our mission, vision and values to an audience of all faiths and none
- Travel to, attend and present at Board’s events when required
- Have overall responsibility for co-ordinating and maintaining CCT’s risk register
- Deputise for the Chief Executive from time to time as required
This role has an occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010 that the post holder is a Christian who can endorse CCT’s trinitarian statement of faith. This post holder will also have:
- A relevant degree
- Professional Accountancy qualification and membership (e.g. CIMA, ACCA)
- Demonstrable track record of running a finance department
- Highly financially literate and commercially savvy, with capability in both financial reporting & control and financial planning & analysis
- Knowledgeable about statutory requirements including HMRC, charity commission and Companies Act.
- Knowledgeable about GDPR requirements and previous experience of effectively managing data compliance within a finance and payroll department of a medium sized organisation.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a senior leadership team
- Experience of effectively building and developing teams
- Personable and approachable with the ability to quickly earn and build trust and respect and engage all stakeholders.
- Able and comfortable operating at executive level and at grass-roots
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- Team player who thrives in a high performing environment
- Ability to inspire, motivate, coach, develop, and empower staff to achieve results within a changing environment
- Well-developed IT skills including practical experience of using of finance and payroll software and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Creative approach and can-do attitude to problem solving
- Operates with a mindset of continuous improvement, systems automation and procedural efficiency, to maximise organisational effectiveness and performance.
- Challenges the status quo appropriately
- Highly effective people manager
- Highly professional
- Extremely proficient organisation and prioritising skills-able to prioritise multiple priorities, lead and work effectively and calmly under pressure
- Tenacious and resilient
Interested? Please apply on line by providing your CV and a supporting letter, by no later than 10am on 24th February 2020. (Please be aware that your application and the personal details you provide in it will be shared and processed by both CCT and CCT's HR Consultancy provider, Integra HR Ltd).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.