Dear Candidate, October 2021
Community Development Worker (Training Scheme)
My name is Clare Richards and I am the Chief Executive of The ClementJames Centre. We are looking for a high-calibre candidate to join our staff team as a Community Development Worker with the aptitude and ability to learn on the job. The ClementJames Centre is an award-winning charity that provides programmes that address underachievement and social exclusion. We support over 2,900 children, young people and adults each year, most at risk of failing to meet their potential to go onto higher education or employment, due to disadvantage. We have four main programmes:
- Adult Learning - supporting adults to improve their English, Maths and ICT skills
We offer a wide range of Functional Skills courses and intensive literacy & numeracy support.
- Employment Support - helping people to gain meaningful and sustainable employment
We offer tailored advice and support, mentoring and work skills activities
- Wellbeing & Support - empowering people to overcome barriers and challenges and to engage with their own wellbeing. We do this through the provision of Information, Advice and Guidance, and wellbeing support and activities
- Young People’s Education - helping young people to learn, flourish and achieve their potential
We provide academic support, mentoring, intensive literacy & numeracy support and aspirational activities
The role of the Community Development Worker is a varied one and includes delivering our bespoke Employment Programme to local adults and young people, supporting with a range of health and wellbeing projects and providing Literacy and Numeracy support to children and adults.
- A confident communicator?
- An innovative problem solver?
- Passionate about helping people achieve their potential?
If so, then The ClementJames Centre can offer an excellent in-house training programme, a supportive staff team, and a varied and interesting role.
The Community Development Worker will be based at our thriving centre within the Community Hub team. You will be highly organised, efficient and creative and will have passion and enthusiasm for the mission of The ClementJames Centre.
If you wish to apply, please visit our website by 9am on Monday 29th November 2021. If shortlisted, you will be invited to a selection day on Friday 10th December 2021, with the role commencing ideally in January 2021.
Thank you very much for your interest in this role and in our charity.
Clare Richards MBE,