Are you a creative communicator with a flair for design? Do you want to create digital content that inspires people to take action? This is the job for you.
ABOUT THE CLIMATE COALITION
The Climate Coalition is the UK’s biggest group of people dedicated to action on climate change with a combined supporter base of more than 22 million people. We encompass over 100 organisations spanning nature, environment, international development, faith, community and women’s groups – from the National Trust to the NUS, WWF to the Women’s Institute, the RSPB to Islamic Relief.
We bring people from all walks of life together to use their voices to ask decision-makers to take urgent action to tackle climate change and protect what we love from its worst impacts. The Climate Coalition is coordinated by a small central secretariat team, with support from its members. This role will sit within the secretariat’s Communications team and work collaboratively with coalition members and partners.
ABOUT THIS YEAR
You will be joining The Climate Coalition at an exciting time. In November the UK is hosting the UN Climate Conference - COP 26 - in Glasgow. This is an opportunity to lead the world into a cleaner, greener future that works for everyone. However first we need to ensure that the UK government is taking decisive action to slash our carbon emissions and get on track to net zero as soon as possible. We have big plans to bring people together to use their voices to show that they are stepping up to protect what they love - and they expect politicians to step up too.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work with the Digital Campaigns and Communications Manager and Campaigns and Communications Assistant to deliver compelling communications that inspire and motivate our target audiences to take action. You will be responsible for content creation for our social media channels to engage and grow our audience of more than 60,000. You will use your collaboration skills to bring experts from across the coalition together to create digital communications that enhance our campaign peaks and are used by members from across the coalition.
- Manage The Climate Coalition’s social media channels, with support from the Campaigns and Communications Assistant. This includes:
- Content planning
- Content creation
- Day-to-day community management
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement innovative social media content and campaigns
- Design visual content for social media using Photoshop and/ or Illustrator to be used on The Climate Coalition channels and by members of the coalition
- Work with the team to develop and implement digital communications strategies for upcoming activities
- Support development of email user journey and regular email communications to supporters
- Support content management and maintenance of our websites
- At least 1-2 years experience in communications, marketing or campaigns or proven experience managing social media for a brand, organisation or campaign
- Experience using Adobe products (including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) to create and design content
- Proven experience of copy writing across web, email, print and social media.
- Able to evaluate social media performance based on metrics and evaluation
- Can work to deadlines under pressure, take initiative and take projects forward without supervision
- Flexible and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A team-player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate.
- Passionate about tackling climate change and supportive of the aims and values of The Climate Coalition.
- Experience creating and/ or editing video content
- Experience using either Squarespace or Wordpress
- Knowledge of best practice in email copywriting and design
- Proven experience in fundraising communication
- Experience managing volunteers
- Experience working or volunteering within the climate change sector or a member organisation