We are looking for a driven, resourceful Fundraising and Strategic Relationships Manager to join The Climate Coalition at an exciting period in our journey to a cleaner, greener world that works for everyone.
ABOUT THE CLIMATE COALITION
The Climate Coalition is the UK’s biggest group of people dedicated to action on climate change with a combined supporter base of more than 22 million people. We encompass over 100 organisations spanning nature, environment, international development, faith, community and women’s groups – including the National Trust, WWF, Women’s Institute, RSPB and Islamic Relief.
We bring people from all walks of life together to use their voices to ask decision-makers to take urgent action to tackle climate change and protect what we love from its worst impacts. The Climate Coalition is coordinated by a small central secretariat team, with support from its members.
ABOUT THIS YEAR
You will be joining The Climate Coalition at an exciting time. In November the UK is hosting the UN Climate Conference - COP 26 - in Glasgow. This is an opportunity to lead the world into a cleaner, greener future that works for everyone. However first we need to ensure that the UK government is taking decisive action to slash our carbon emissions and get on track to net zero as soon as possible. We have big plans to bring people together to use their voices to show that they are stepping up to protect what they love - and they expect politicians to step up too.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose of role
Help The Climate Coalition achieve great things by securing transformational sources of funding whilst ensuring that existing sources of funding are maintained.
- Developing case for support and applying to funders
- Reporting back to donors
- Identifying and approaching new funders within the sector (e.g. trusts and foundations)
- Develop and pursue innovative funding opportunities, in consultation with coalition members and external advisers as necessary
- Relationship management with short and long term funders
- Leading on engaging coalition fundraisers to develop diverse funding opportunities and maintain good relationships within the sector, with support from Campaigns Director.
- Leading on designing and delivering fundraising events
- Experience and interest in creative thinking to develop longer-term transformational sources of funds
- Confident and professional manner – brilliant at relationship management and networking, the ability to work in partnership with people at all levels
- Ability to pitch and present to generate fundraising income
- Excellent track record in achieving and exceeding fundraising targets, including funding from diverse sources
- Excellent writing skills and proven ability to develop a compelling case for support, with strong attention to detail
- Understanding of what drives funders and of the fundraising environment
- Ability to organise, prioritise and schedule work within an agreed set of priorities or work programme
- Able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the objectives and values of The Climate Coalition
- Experience of using software to manage fundraising approaches
- Self–starter: highly organised with an ability to work systematically to targets and deadlines and able to work under pressure
Start date: ASAP
Based in: London, currently remote working