Are you a strategic thinker who's great at understanding the needs of different organisations and finding ways to work together? Do you want to bring together individuals from across sectors and society to create strong and impactful partnerships? This is the job for you.
ABOUT THE CLIMATE COALITION
The Climate Coalition is the UK’s biggest group of people dedicated to action on climate change with a combined supporter base of more than 22 million people. We encompass over 100 organisations spanning nature, environment, international development, faith, community and women’s groups – from the National Trust to the NUS, WWF to the Women’s Institute, the RSPB to Islamic Relief.
ABOUT THIS YEAR
You will be joining The Climate Coalition at an exciting time. In November the UK is hosting the UN Climate Conference - COP 26 - in Glasgow. This is an opportunity to lead the world into a cleaner, greener future that works for everyone. However first we need to ensure that the UK government is taking decisive action to slash our carbon emissions and get on track to net zero as soon as possible.
We have big plans to bring people together to use their voices to show that they are stepping up to protect what they love - and they expect politicians to step up too.
ABOUT THE GREAT BIG GREEN WEEK
In September, communities across the country will join together to celebrate what they are doing to tackle climate change, as part of the Great Big Green Week. Ranging from concerts to litter picks; activities will be hosted at the heart of your community by teachers, bus drivers, sport clubs, artists, builders, local groups, places of worship and anyone who cares about climate change.
National organisations, institutions, businesses and media outlets will join in, getting more people involved up and down the country, and putting pressure on the UK Government to up its game on climate change. Priority areas for outreach include: Sports and business, with coordination of outreach in other areas including culture, diverse communities, health and leisure.
To drive and coordinate efforts to engage partners for the Great Big Green Week and COP26. The Partnership Manager will secure high profile and impactful partners whilst coordinating TCC and coalition member outreach to maximise our collective ability to reach millions.
- Develop and manage new high profile partners to engage with TCC at the Great Big Green Week and for longer-term.
- Develop and deliver an outreach strategy to focus efforts and maximise the impact of the networks that exist within the coalition and secretariat.
- Work with coalition corporate partnerships teams to leverage partner engagement and coordinate due diligence.
- Support the development of tailored strategies and content to engage target groups
- Support engagement with other partners and member organisations including media and PR
- At least 4 years’ experience of working directly with members of a coalition, network or stakeholder group.
- Proven ability to build positive and productive working relationships with partners to encourage and facilitate participation in collective activities
- Proven experience of developing tailored campaign strands to enable new partners to engage
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with people across different functions at all levels
- Proven ability to communicate complex issues simply and clearly in written and oral forms, including delivering well-constructed and convincing reports and presentations
- Understanding of the climate campaigning landscape and the different approaches within the climate movement
- Self-motivated, proven ability to organise own work with minimum guidance