The Climate Group, an international non-profit with a mission of accelerating climate action is looking for a talented and ambitious professional to lead and champion our digital presence across the organization.
As the first touchpoint for many of our audiences, our digital channels are critical in conveying who we are, what we do and our impact in the world. As we aim to secure even more engagement in our campaigns and initiatives, we are looking for a creative and digitally savvy go-getter to help revolutionise our approach to digital communications. Here you will be responsible for delivering a dynamic and ‘best in class’ experience across all of our online platforms and unlocking our potential in this area.
About The Climate Group
The Climate Group is an international not-for-profit organisation with a mission to accelerate ambitious climate action. Our goal is a world of no more than 1.5oC of warming. We bring together networks of businesses and state and regional governments to shift global markets and policies to this end. We act as a catalyst to take innovation and solutions to scale, and we use the power of communication to build ambition and pace. Our priority is to focus on the greatest global opportunities for change. Founded in 2003, we are headquartered in London with offices in New Delhi and New York.
About the role
This role sits in the international communications team and reports to the Head of Media and Corporate Communications. The main focus for this role will be web development, content, social media and digital marketing. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a range of significant web projects – from proposition planning through to testing and completion. While we work with external providers, we are looking for someone with good technical skills who is able to take on some of this work in-house
- Proactively seeking and driving incremental improvements across our digital channels, through regular monitoring and analysis of performance, to ensure that they are optimized, engaging and fit for our intended audiences
- Leading on the development of a digital roadmap, working across teams to balance the needs of internal teams in line with our overall communications strategy
- Ensuring the ongoing maintenance and security of our channels is up to date
- Identifying digital providers/external agencies that can support our needs and managing relationships
- Work closely with wider team to establish and ensure clear processes for channel governance, workflows and approvals
Content and social media management
- Working with the team to develop stand out, innovative social engagement strategies content and assets; from assigning and copyediting blogs and thought leadership pieces, to project managing animation and video content to help significantly boost followers and engagement
- Leading on the development and curation of our content planner, proactively seeking input across the organisation to ensure that all key moments are captured to help effectively tell our story, in line with our overall communications strategy and messaging
- Day-to-day oversight of all our social media platforms and working with our international communications colleagues to develop and deploy localised tactics and content. Note that social media posting/scheduling is shared across the team
- Development of an engagement strategy to ensure content is optimised across our digital channels
- Writing, editing and proofreading creative content, and checking for brand consistency
- Working closely with international communications team and others to ensure a fully integrated approach to campaign and content development, and ability to interpret and prioritise content in line with overarching communications strategy
- Regularly undertaking social listening and reporting on our engagement analytics, proactively recommending areas for improvement and growth
- Staying abreast of the latest trends to inform our digital strategy
- Maintaining excellent editorial standards on all our digital channels
- Managing the development, distribution and reporting of our newsletters to help uplift engagement
- Effectively working with our internal digital taskforce on driving the implementation of our new digital marketing platform
- Ability to work under pressure, and take a flexible approach to all corporate communications tasks - being able to help drive forward critical projects for the team wherever required
You will be experienced in developing websites and will be knowledgeable about the possibilities that new digital platforms and trends in this area can bring, to help significantly uplift innovation and investment in this area.
As an expert in and passionate about social media, you will be seasoned at identifying and implementing engagement strategies/campaigns for a range of audiences and influencers, helping to build a buzz around our events and initiatives.
Alongside this, you will possess a flair for copywriting and content planning and development, with a strong eye for design to develop stand out assets, that can help significantly increase profile and awareness.
You will be familiar with key digital marketing platforms such as Salesforce and Pardot, and able to advise the team of their potential.
And with an analytical approach, you will proactively drive constant incremental improvements across all our online channels to build our engagement with key target audiences.
- A background in and passion for digital communications
- Experience in concepting and leading on the development of a range of digital platforms/websites
- Strong knowledge of front-end web design, UI and UX principles, and ability to undertake some development work
- Understanding of SEO and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Content Management systems and practical knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience of managing external agencies on web development projects
- An understanding of key technologies and trends in this area
- Proven editorial skills with an outstanding command of the English language
- Experience of managing and developing a content calendar in line with an overarching communications strategy and key messages
- Experience of developing stand out content and assets – such as reports, gifs, video and animation – from inception to completion, proactively drawing in other resources as necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how each platform can be used in different scenarios/international territories
- Experience of targeting and engaging influencers to secure enhanced brand awareness
- Fluency in social media marketing applications and monitoring platforms, as well as paid social techniques
- Experience of reporting and proactively using analytics to inform strategy
- Strong knowledge and ability to champion and advise the wider team on key digital marketing technology, including: marketing automation systems, CRM technologies, and attribution modelling
- Excellent project management skills to effectively lead digital projects, editorial/content schedules and deadlines, securing buy-in from relevant stakeholders to ensure project delivery
- Experience of working in an integrated team structure
You will be based in our London head office, in County Hall, which is a five-minute walk from Waterloo station.
Terms & Conditions
This is a full time fixed term position for a period of 18 months. We offer starting salary of £33,000 per annum or more based on experience. In addition to the salary, the role holder will benefit from:
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus public holidays
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme following three months’ service
- Private healthcare and Cash Plan on completion of probation
- Life Assurance
- Subsidized gym membershipSeason ticket loan
How to apply
Use the ‘Apply’ button to apply for this vacancy.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK is a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by The Climate Group.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.