We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join our high performing, collegiate HR team. You will help drive the growth of our organisation and help Climate Group stay at the cutting edge of climate action.
Based in our Headquarters in London, the role is international in scope, and will support both established offices and new locations starting up. This is a broad-based generalist role, with the opportunity to also take a lead on Recruitment and Reward across the group, contributing to shaping strategy as well as delivering excellent value and services to the organisation.
We welcome applicants with generalist HR experience as well as those with background in Recruitment/Talent Acquisition.
About The Climate Group
The Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, Amsterdam, New Delhi and New York. We are proud to be part of the We Mean Business coalition.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join a leading international climate NGO. You will be working in a small HR team with high levels of autonomy and the ability to make a visible difference. As part of the team you will be responsible for delivering effective HR services to the organisation, as well as leading on specific areas and projects. The role will report to the Head of Global HR.
This role will suit candidates with previous generalist HR experience, particularly those with experience of standalone roles in SME organisations. You should be proficient at prioritising and managing multiple activities, with great attention to detail and excellent communications skills.
You will be based in The Climate Group’s headquarters in central London and be working with teams in the UK office as well as liaising with our regional offices in China, India, Netherlands and USA.
You will be able to demonstrate a track record of delivering an efficient and effective HR service by leading, advising and executing in a generalist role. You must be an excellent communicator with integrity, discretion and the ability to develop trust with all staff and managers. You will be an adaptable self-starter with a hands-on, proactive attitude who seeks feedback from colleagues to ensure continuous improvement in everything you work on.
- Experience working in generalist HR role, in an international context
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment law and experience of managing a wide range of employee relations situations
- Experience of designing recruitment strategies and hands on recruitment at student and experienced level
- Experience of reward and recognition approaches and benchmarking. Numerate and analytical
- Organised and methodical approach to working towards multiple deadlines with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal English
- CIPD HR Management qualification (Level 5)
- Experience in using HR software, ideally People HR
- International HR experience (ideally US, India and/or China)
- Experience working in the not-for profit sector
You will be employed at our London headquarters. As we are currently in the process of moving to a new permanent London location (Zone 1), our staff are utilising the use of our temporary office near Borough. From October 2021, we have adopted a phased flexible blended approach of working 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home. Once we move to a permanent office (Q1 of 2022) this will be 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home. Some international travel will be required.
Terms & Conditions
This is a permanent position, and whilst likely to be full-time we are open to consider flexible working arrangements (e.g flexible hours, part-time).
The salary for this position is £36,000-£44,000 per annum based on experience.
In addition to the salary, the role holder will benefit from:
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus public holidays; additional leave following three and six years’ service
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme following three months’ service
- Private healthcare and Cash Plan on completion of probation
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan
- Volunteering day on completion of probation
How to apply
Please visit our website for further infromation and to apply.
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter. The application process is open until filled so we welcome and encourage early applicants.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by the Climate Group.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.