Location: Craven Street with hybrid working
Salary: £35-£40,000 per annum
A fixed term opportunity has arisen to join the College’s small but friendly Human Resources department for an HR Advisor.
This is a new role developed to enable the team to deliver critical people related projects and activities which support the college’s team members in the delivery of our strategic aims and in adapting to our new hybrid way of working.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the key purpose of the role will be to:
- Provide pro-active and day-to-day advice to College heads of departments and managers on all people related matters in line with College policies and ACAS code of practice.
- Develop and deliver short bite sized training sessions on people related activities for managers including topics such as: selection, performance development, early complaints resolution, managing attendance and adjustments.
- Assist the Head of HR and HR Officer in the delivery of HR projects such as modernization of our people policies and reviewing policies, induction, performance management process to reflect hybrid working and EDI.
The main responsibilities for the role holder will be to:
- Meet with managers on a monthly basis to review how new starters are settling in, address trends from staff survey feedback and exit interviews, provide early advice to help develop staff performance and personal/career development, good levels of attendance and engagement, build team morale and support managers in undertaking people related activities including appraisals and staff one to ones.
- Provide day to day advice and guidance to heads of department and managers on all people matters including probations, conduct, attendance (including Occupational Health referrals where needed), performance, pay and workplace adjustment needs.
- Recommend to Head of HR, develop and deliver a suite of bite sized master classes for managers around key HR related topics such as recruitment, appraisal related activities, early resolution of staff issues, supporting good attendance, supporting staff with disabilities. Deliver agreed training plan.
- Support Head of HR in the:
- Launch and management of the new staff recognition scheme.
- Delivery of other wellbeing initiatives as needed.
- Analysis of staff pulse and subject matter surveys as needed.
- Delivery of other projects as needed.
- With the assistance of the HR Officer, review our current college-wide on-boarding offering, launch new process once agreed to include support pack for managers and others involved in overall on-boarding delivery to enable them to deliver their aspects of Induction.
- Participate in the effective running of the HR Department including providing absence cover as appropriate for HR Officer when necessary and as directed by the
Head of HR.
To be considered for the role candidates will need to have:
- Achieved CIPD (Chartered institute of Personnel and Development) level 5 or above or have equivalent experience.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to managers on the full range of people matters and coaching others.
- A good working knowledge of employment law and ACAS code of practice.
- Experience of developing and updating HR related policies and procedures.
- The ability to work accurately at a fast pace, adapt to changing circumstances on own initiative, prioritise and work to deadlines and build and sustain good relationships.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly verbally, in writing and deliver presentations and training to small groups.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and attention to detail.
- Awareness of external factors and trends affecting people related activities
To apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date for application: 10 August 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.