The Connection at St. Martins is based in the heart of London, near Charing Cross Station and Trafalgar Square. The Connection has been helping homeless people since the First World War and is one of London’s largest homelessness charities.
The Fundraising Development Lead is a new role, which will join an ambitious and forward-thinking Fundraising & Communications team (9 team members), which is undertaking positive change and growth as part of the implementation of a new four-year strategy. This role is the second most senior post in the team, deputising for the Director of Fundraising and Communications, and their primary remit will be to drive innovative progress. By joining us at this stage in our development, you will play a major role in shaping and developing our fundraising development activity, and we encourage candidates who will relish creative strategic planning.
As Fundraising Development Lead, you will have responsibility for the following areas:
· Lead the development of new and emerging fundraising income streams - including Statutory Funding and Major Donor Fundraising.
· To provide excellent line management to the Trust Fundraising Manager.
· Work closely with our Service Team to identify fundable multi-year projects, and to support them with the training and guidance needed to produce the necessary reporting content.
· To provide the training and guidance required by our Service Team to produce strong content for tendering bids, and to submit trust fund applications for one-off investments in services.
· To lead on the involvement of our service users throughout our fundraising and communications work.
· To ensure that fundraising development activities meet all legal and best practice standards.
· To work in support of the wider Fundraising & Communications Team as and when required.
This role requires a confident and experienced fundraiser, with a strong track record in Statutory or Trust Fundraising activity – and ideally some experience of or familiarity with Major Donor Fundraising. You will have experience of developing and implementing strategy. You will be an excellent communicator and negotiator, used to interacting with multiple different stakeholder groups, and balancing the – sometimes competing - requirements of different internal teams. You will be excited by the prospect innovating and pursuing new and forward-thinking fundraising mechanisms, and will approach issues and challenges with a solutions focussed mindset.
Closing date: Monday 30th September 2019
Interview date: Monday 14th October 2019
So, are you ready to take on this exciting opportunity?
To apply, please read and then complete the application form, ensuring that you have clearly demonstrated that you meet the requirements of the role set out in the person specification.