The Connection at St. Martins (CSTM) is based in the heart of London, near Charing Cross Station and Trafalgar Square. CSTM has been helping homeless people since the First World War and is one of London’s largest homelessness charities.
The Individual Giving and Database Manager is a new role, which will join an ambitious and forward thinking Fundraising & Communications team, which is in the process of going through a period of positive change and growth as part of the implementation of a new four year strategy. By joining us at this stage in our development, you will play a major role in shaping and developing our Individual Giving remit, and we encourage candidates who will relish creative strategic planning.
This postholder will deliver The Connection at St Martin’s Individual Giving activity, and oversee the wider Fundraising & Communications Team’s use of a CRM database (Raiser’s Edge) with support from an assistant. They will work in conjunction with the Director of Fundraising & Communications to develop an action plan for these important functions, and will lead on the implementation of all activities.
The Individual Giving & Database Manager will lead on the development and refinement of existing Individual Giving mechanisms, and the development of new mechanisms, with a particular focus on Digital Fundraising. They will work closely with our sister organisation The Friends of The Connection to ensure synergy between our Individual Giving growth strategies, and support in the development of collaborative supporter journeys.
As Individual Giving & Database Manager, you will have responsibility for the following areas:
- Oversee The Connection at St Martin’s Individual Giving income stream, developing and leading on the delivery of an action plan to improve existing activities, and assess and implement growth opportunities.
- Pioneer innovative Digital Fundraising activities for the organisation.
- Oversee The Connection at St Martin’s use of CRM database, Raiser’s Edge – developing policy to be used consistently across the Fundraising team, and working with an assistant to ensure accurate and timely data entry of individual gifts.
- Ensure compliance with regulation and best practice standards in the fields of Individual Giving and Data management.
- Support partner charity The Friends of The Connection in developing their Individual Giving strategy.
- Work in support of the wider Fundraising & Communications Team as required
This role requires someone with a strong track record in Individual Giving, good understanding of digital platforms and extensive experience of effective CRM database use, with a solutions-focussed mindset. They will need experience in translating sector best practice into action, and to be excited at the prospect of innovating and pursuing new, forward thinking Individual Giving fundraising opportunities for the organisation.
Closing date: Sunday 14th July 2019
Interview dates: Tuesday 30th & Wednesday 31st July 2019