The Connection at St Martin-in-the-Fields (CSTM) provides services which help 4000 homeless people each year in London avoid, move away from and stay off the streets. The charity has an annual turnover of £4.2m, a staff team of 80 and 50 regular volunteers.
Our new strategy from April 2018 includes our aim to develop our services in new ways. This will include implementing a strengths based approach to client work, consolidating the implementation of a new service model, creating better pathways for clients into health and treatment services and improving our systems to demonstrate impact.
The Service Host will provide a high quality, efficient and professional welcome and “shop window” for clients, doing everything possible to encourage their engagement in services which will tackle the underlying causes of their homelessness as well as the initial presenting issues. The Service Host will also manage telephone enquiries from partner organisations, service users and wider community members ensuring that enquiries are dealt with promptly and by the appropriate team and/or staff member.
• Strong interpersonal and administrative skills and the positivity and resilience to work in a busy and challenging environment.
• Understanding of, or willingness to learn about and embrace, co-production and a strengths based approach to working with people who have multiple and complex needs.
• Ability to manage telephone enquiries in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to provide a welcoming and engaging “reception” service.
• The ability to respond appropriately and effectively when faced with challenging behavior.
To apply, please read and then complete the application form, ensuring that you have clearly demonstrated that you meet the requirements of the role set out in the person specification.
Closing Date: Monday 30th March 2020 – 12pm
Interview Date: TBC
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.