The CSJ Foundation (CSJF) is dedicated to fighting and reversing poverty at the local and national level. Our unique approach bridges charity, philanthropy, and public policy. We connect philanthropists with impactful grassroots charities, as well as connecting proven poverty fighting strategies with national policy makers.
Sitting at the heart of this work is our CSJ Alliance – a unique group of charities, social enterprises and other grass-roots organisations that work with individuals facing some of the most challenging and complex social problems. These small and medium-sized charities spread across the country have a wealth of knowledge and knowhow about the best way to prevent poverty.
We want national decisions about poverty to consider the full picture and so we connect frontline poverty-fighting experts with Westminster policy makers. We also want these frontline organisations to thrive, so we connect them to philanthropists who are eager to invest in Britain’s very best small and medium sized poverty-fighting organisations.
The CSJ Foundation is looking to appoint an Administrative Officer to support with the provision of management and administration services to the charities and donors its works with, and to assist with their charitable giving. The successful candidate will have exceptional organisation and communication skills, will be confident in managing relationships with key stakeholders and will be willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of a varied and dynamic role. This is a full-time role, but hours may be negotiated for the right candidate.
Experience and skills
• Previous experience of working in an administrative role
• IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience of working with databases desirable.
• Able to develop and maintain robust systems and processes
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to work well on multiple tasks, to short deadlines and under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills: the ability to communicate clearly and appropriately over the phone, in writing, and face-to-face, especially with senior people
• Ability to manage complex and confidential information with absolute discretion and a high degree of personal integrity
• A commitment to excellence and high standards of professionalism with an exceptional work ethic • Ability to manage social media
• Knowledge and understanding of the voluntary sector
• Committed to the aims and values of the CSJ Foundation
• Self-motivated, task oriented, and solutions focussed. Able to spot opportunities for improvements and drive activity forward.
• Able to build trust and strong relationships with colleagues, Board members, and external stakeholders.
• Strong team player, good sense of fun; humble, willing to let others take the credit.
• Consistently performs at a high level, strong attention to detail.
• Flexibility and a willingness to help out, no matter what the task.
• Comfortable around very senior figures.