This is one of four team leader roles within the Programmes Directorate, with responsibility for The Diana Award’s Mentoring Programme. The post-holder will be responsible for ensuring the planning and delivery of quality, impactful mentoring programmes and providing thought leadership in this area. In line with the commitments and ambition set out in our new strategy the post-holder will also be responsible for identifying and cultivating new programme partnerships and funding opportunities to support the growth and sustainability of our work with and for young people.
1. Programme effectiveness and impact
- Work with the Impact and Evaluation team to embed a culture of evidence-based programming within the team, helping develop appropriate systems and processes to support monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Maximise opportunities for young people to engage meaningfully and inclusively in the planning, delivery and review of The Diana Award’s Mentoring Programme.
- Provide thought leadership on mentoring – both within the team and across the programmes directorate more widely – ensuring our thinking and practice is informed by latest insights and sector learning on how to effectively use mentoring interventions to achieve positive outcomes for young people.
- Oversee the operational planning, delivery and review of our programmes, ensuring learning and good practice is captured and shared across the directorate.
- Work with the Director of Programmes and Policy Coordinator to identify opportunities for policy engagement and influence, actively seeking ways to platform youth voices and share insights and learning from programmes.
- Work with the Communications and Impact and Evaluation teams to develop robust and compelling resources to communicate programme impact to our core audiences.
2. Programme partnerships and funding
- Ensure the effective management of existing programme partnerships, including through regular communications and quality reporting, to support funding, delivery and policy objectives.
- Work with the Directors of Programmes and Fundraising to identify and cultivate new partnerships to support programme funding, delivery and policy engagement
- Develop pitches, products and funding proposals accordingly, in collaboration with programme Coordinators and the fundraising team.
3. Team leadership and management
- Build a cohesive and engaged team that embraces The Diana Award’s core values and has a culture committed to reflective learning, accountability and impact.
- Ensure the team has clear shared and individual work plans in place with measurable KPIs and regular supervision, appraisals and team meetings to monitor progress.
- Manage the team budget, monitoring expenditure across the different funding streams and working with the programme managers and finance team to prepare reports for funders.
- Encourage and support the team to engage in continuous professional development, signposting and seeking opportunities as relevant.
- Ensure safeguarding policies and procedures are fully understood and applied within the team, supporting ongoing learning and escalating any issues arising to the safeguarding forum.
4. Senior management
- Contribute to overall leadership and management of the Programmes Directorate.
- Contribute to the wider management of the organisation, ensuring effective business partnering relationships are in place with key functions eg. comms, operations, I&I, fundraising etc.
- Represent the organisation externally as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required.