Eikon is a nationally award-winning Surrey based charity providing long-term support to some of the county’s most vulnerable young people and their families. The organisation, which was founded more than two decades ago, has grown significantly in recent years and has a proven background in improving the lives of young people through providing transformational services.
We are looking for a part time Head of Finance to take responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all the financial related activities of the organisation and assist in developing financial strategies with the CEO and the rest of the Senior Leadership Team.
Your key responsibilities for this Head of Finance role will include
- Day to day financial management and timely preparation of monthly management accounts
- Build and maintain systems for setting and managing annual budgets and forecasts
- Oversee and manage expenses, invoicing, payments, payroll and VAT
- Monitor cash flows and manage banking relationships
- Develop and maintain management information systems and internal controls
- Liaise with auditors and lead on the preparation of the Annual Report & Accounts
- Ensure all Charity SORP and Charity Commission regulations are met
Key skills required for this Head of Finance role will include
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA or equivalent) or qualified by experience
- Proven experience within an SME commercial environment
- A clear communicator both written and verbal
- Have a flexible approach and be results-driven with a pro-active approach
- Previous knowledge and experience of Sage and preferably Xero as well
- Previous experience of working within a Senior Leadership Team
- Understanding of the Charities SORP and The Charities Act is desirable
The organisation is happy to be flexible on the exact number of hours worked but any less than the equivalent of three days per week is unlikely to be sufficient to fulfil the requirements of the job. This position offers a great opportunity to take on a leading role in a dynamic and professional team dedicated to improving the lives of young people.
How to apply: If you are interested in applying for the role, then please attach your CV and a detailed covering letter explaining how your experience and skills fit with the Job description (no more than 2 sides of A4)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.