We are looking for an experienced specialist to join our team to protect, nurture and grow relationships with key supporters and stakeholders. This new post is pivotal to our planned growth to enable us to help more children and young people who need our support to tackle significant challenges in their lives.
You will already know how to give our major donors an excellent experience of their support for the charity – and be able to provide them with appropriate ways to give, to get involved and learn how their support is making a difference.
You will also have experience of finding, engaging and involving new prospective supporters and be able to plan events and other ways to showcase the great work this charity does and how donors can help us do more of it.
- Effective communication with existing and prospective major donors and linked stakeholders
- Development of new relationships to achieve growth - building for the future whilst also meeting the current year's income targets
- Producing clear, concise, compelling proposals and reports
- Information and insight management - ensuring our systems are kept up to date with an accurate picture of opportunities and communications.
- At least two years successful experience in major donor fundraising
- Experience of stewarding and cultivating relationships with senior stakeholders, internal and external, in a charity context
- Experience of writing high quality, successful donor proposals and presentations
- Demonstrable experience of recruiting new major donors
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills and emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management: able to prioritise a varied workload, and work independently with minimum supervision to achieve objectives
- Articulate, confident, sensitive and diplomatic
- The ability to understand and convey complex financial information, communicating to donors and prospects
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft 365 software and good working knowledge of a fundraising CRM
- Highly motivated and objective orientated
- Proactive, positive and collaborative approach
- Ability to deal with confidential matters discretely
- Ability and willingness to travel and occasionally to work at evenings or weekends
- A strong belief in the importance of preventative work with children, coupled with an understanding of the need for philanthropic support to achieve it
- Educated to 'A' Level or equivalent (essential)
- Institute of Fundraising Certificate/ Diploma (desirable)
- Flexible working, including home working
- Pension scheme
How to apply
To apply, please download the full job description/person specification and application form and email to us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.