The Eikon Charity is a leading Surrey charity supporting children and young people to overcome difficulties, manage their wellbeing and become resilient, enabling them to develop into confident adults who contribute positively to their communities.
We are looking for people with passion and expertise to drive the charity forward.
Main purpose of Job
Consistently tell The Eikon Charity’s story in a clear, concise, compelling way, coordinating marketing and communications activity across the charity, advising and supporting colleagues in all teams, and creating high quality content and copy that gets results.
- Research, coordinate, schedule and monitor an annual communications plan
- Oversee external communications, providing guidance to staff, setting and monitoring quality standards and ensuring consistent application of our brand
- Work across the charity to identify, create and publish content that is clear, concise and paints a compelling picture of why we exist, work we do and results we’re seeing
- Create social media, newsletter and web content, monitoring performance, learning and improving results, and reporting monthly on performance to the senior team
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Executive to ensure we make effective, coordinated use of digital and that campaigns align with strategy and annual plan
- Write content for regular press releases and develop relationships with local media
- Edit and proofread key external communications and ensure all staff follow guidelines for writing published content
- Oversee subscriber lists in Mailchimp and our CRM, ensuring we comply with all legislation, follow best practice, and provide a rewarding experience for subscribers
- Ensure that we manage all marketing, fundraising and schools data in compliance with the GDPR, PECR, and DPA
- Manage external writers and designers as needed
- Lead on and manage key projects such as the charity’s Annual report and Accounts
- Ensure strict adherence to safeguarding policies and that we have full, informed, written consent when using a young person’s data in external communications
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.