Main purpose of Job
The Projects & Pilots Manager will be responsible for managing the Projects & Pilots team, a team of 7 people working on a variety of projects with young people in Surrey and online. Key responsibilities will include ensuring activities are delivered in a safe and efficient manner, reaching key outcomes and keeping young people at the center of everything we do.
The Projects & Pilots Manager will support the Wellbeing in the Community Lead to implement the strategy as set out in an annual plan and business case. This will involve planning and delivering as part of the team responsible for developing new ways of working with children and adolescents.
· Provide high quality line management support to 7 team members, whose roles range from volunteer to Lead Youth Workers.
· Support Eikon’s thinking to deliver innovative projects supporting children and adolescent’s mental health and emotional wellbeing, specifically looking at digitisation of youth work, inclusion of at-risk groups, continuous improvement and adaptive planning, etc.
· Lead on developing key learnings and recommendations from the various projects and pilots delivered by the team. Ensure those learnings and recommendations are clearly outlined in reports to Eikon’s leadership team and support the inclusion of those recommendations in the charity’s wider strategy.
· Work hand in hand with the Wellbeing in the Community Lead and lead on internal and external reporting, including ongoing data collection and analysis based on key outputs and outcomes agreed upon at project start.
· Be responsible for the safe, effective and adaptive delivery of ad-hoc projects and ongoing activities. This will include developing and owning high quality project management tools, processes, systems and policies.
· Always apply safeguarding and child protection procedures.
· Work as part of a team and attend team meetings, training events and participate fully in 1:1, peer and group supervision.
· Work co-operatively and under the management of The Eikon Charity staff to ensure the highest quality of delivery and support.
· Work within Eikon’s internal policies, safeguarding and data protection regulations.
· Be responsible for equipment/resources linked to service delivery.
Person specification - Key skills, experience and knowledge
We are looking for an experienced youth worker with excellent project management, team management and strategy development and implementation skills. Interest and knowledge in technology, digital project management and ICT are a plus.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.