Main purpose of Job
Eikon is looking for enthusiastic and talented Youth Specialists. Two roles available, in Walton and Guildford Surrey to provide sustained support to vulnerable young people within schools, helping them to overcome issues, before they become potentially life-changing problems. The core work will be providing one to one mentoring and group work activities that develop happy, thriving, and resilient young adults who will contribute positively to society.
- To proactively address student’s/young people’s needs before issues arise
- To build positive and supportive relationships with young people
- Deliver & co-ordinate high quality one to one mentoring and group work, including design of group sessions and relevant lunch clubs
- To support the work of the Youth Development Board ensuring that young people are engaged and supported
- To ensure that all work is integrated with other in-school support services and the pastoral team
- Manage the referral system and caseloads in partnership with school
- Keep up to date and accurate records and case notes on Social Impact Tracker (SIT)
- Liaise with key stakeholders and relevant agencies
- Manage and supervise volunteers and social work students
- Contribute to the Eikon team by attending team days half-termly
- Liaise with parents and guardians where appropriate
- Ensure that an ethos of open communication between key stakeholders is established to discuss specific cases
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.