- Job Purpose: To lead on the delivery of all aspects of internal operations, finance and human resources, working on administrative and operational tasks to ensure the efficient operation of the organisation.
- Salary: Band C (£29, 217 FTE)
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: Star House
- Hours: 30 hours / week (0.8FTE)
• To lead on the delivery of the organisation’s Operations function and contribute towards delivery of F&BF strategy through: o Leading on administration and delivery across the function, including HR, compliance, office management, finance and fundraising, governance, legal, internal policies, insurance and other operations-related issues as needed o Responsibility for HR advice where appropriate, including administration, record keeping and database management o Leading on planning and delivery for the HR function including; recruitment and induction; learning and development; performance and reward; and employee engagement and relations o Maintaining and updating the organisation’s guidelines, policies, procedures and systems o Financial administration o Ensure the smooth running of the office through office administration and departmental support (ordering stationery, liaising with IT and house management, archiving, filing, office maintenance) • To perform administrative and logistical tasks using agreed process and conventions including planning, activity/event delivery, • To monitor and evaluate delivery, and to assist with the creation of those procedures supporting delivery • To follow a schedule of reporting requirements for projects as specified and leading on the production of those reports. • To contribute towards departmental and organisational reports e.g. by providing data and case studies. • To contribute towards strategy development where needed • To be aware of, and track expenditure within the agreed budget on a daily basis • To observe delivery to ensure quality control (where appropriate) • To assist in the recruitment of staff and in the monthly processing of payroll • To provide additional support to other programmes, activities, and events where necessary.
• To work with others to help achieve the organisational aims (below) • To be an active participant in the Team, leading on some organisational initiatives to ensure a good working environment for all staff. • To contribute towards activities to raise funds, such as developing relationships with existing and potential donors, to support funding application writing, and sharing new ideas. • To recruit, induct and manage staff and volunteers as needed • Looking for ideas for innovation, growth, sharing our learning, and continuing relationships with stakeholders. • Undertaking other initiatives necessary to ensure the successful implementation of the work of the organisation. Please note that it is desirable that applicants hold or be willing to work toward CIPD level 2 qualification in HR.