The UK’s leading interfaith organisation is looking for an organised and motivated self-starter to lead our school linking and other interfaith programmes across the UK and internationally.
For over 20 years, the Faith & Belief Forum has been running education, engagement, and action programmes that bring diverse communities together. In schools, universities, and community spaces we break down barriers and find ways for people to work together to improve society. We believe that young people should feel confident communicating and collaborating with anybody, regardless of their faith, belief, culture or background.
In this role you would be given the opportunity to work in all of these spaces and across our key regions, London, West Midlands, and the Middle East. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and deliver programming in a post coronavirus lockdown context. In particular, you will be responsible for leading, delivering and developing our regional Schools Linking programme, which includes designing and facilitating teacher training, creating student resources, and building relationships with key stakeholders and school leaders. You will oversee other projects within the team and support the team in all project delivery. You would work with over 80 schools through our Award-Winning Workshops, School Linking and other creative youth and education focused projects.
This role involves:
- Leading and delivering a myriad of complex and exciting programmes
- Managing senior stakeholders and advocating for our work across the Education sector, including Local Authorities
- Leading the team to move current programmes online and innovating new online work that supports our vision and programmatic aims
- Working closely with the Education & Learning Manager to increase the funding pipeline
- Line managing programmes Officers and consultants, supporting them to achieve their best
To do this, you will need to:
- Be an effective relationship builder who can confidently build and maintain key partnerships to ensure successful projects.
- Bring experience of leading and delivering on complex projects.
- Be passionate about education and equipping young people with skills for encountering others different to them
- Have experience and skills in facilitation and delivery of training/teaching/workshops
- Be willing to work remotely, have flexibility and be proficient in IT systems
You will be joining an organisation that embodies the inclusive and welcoming values we want to see in wider society. We pride ourselves on our diverse and collaborative working environment, where your passion and dedication will be rewarded through a flexible benefits package and ongoing support. At our most recent staff survey, 100% of staff said believe in the aims of the Faith & Belief Forum and 100% enjoy the work they do.
The deadline to apply is 9am on Monday 2 November at 9am. If shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview on Monday 9 November via Zoom. Ideally you will be available to start on Monday 16 November.
This is a part time, fixed term contract for one year, to deliver one academic cycle of the Linking Programme. We expect the majority of delivery to take place online due to coronavirus restrictions, but it will be advantageous for candidates to have local knowledge of our key delivery areas of London and/or Birmingham.
We believe in order to effectively serve our beneficiaries; our work must be influenced by a broad range of voices. Therefore, we actively encourage applications from people who are currently underrepresented in our staff team. This would include BAME candidates and those who identify as Muslim, Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain. We celebrate difference and are committed to creating a working environment where everyone is included.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from individuals without the right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.