Admin and Finance Officer
Are you numerate and enjoy processing financial data? Do you have excellent attention to detail and enjoy administration? Are you able to work in a team, as well as under your own initiative? We may have the perfect role for you!
The Farm Animal Sanctuary was Britain's first sanctuary dedicated solely to farm animals. We care for over 600 sheep, cattle, pigs, poultry and horses, who have entered our care following neglect, cruelty, and abandonment. We work alongside other welfare organisations such as CIWF, RSPCA and APHA to coordinate rescue, rehabilitation, and offer them a home for life. Education and advocacy occurs through our prescence on social media, as well as several events throughout the year, and we have recently begun to work with a local children's chairty.
We have expanded our volunteer and staff base over the years, and have reached a point where we need a dedicated member of staff to run the admin and finance side of the charity. This is an exciting opportunity to have a pivotol role in moving the charity forwards, and taking the lead in all aspects of charity admin and finances.
Reporting regularly to the Committee and Trustees, the right candidate will have all the necessary skills to work independantly and effectivley, in order to boost the charities impact. An interest in Farm Animal Welfare would be a bonus.
The purpose of the post is:
- To support all areas of administrative operations
- To ensure all financial processes are undertaken accurately and efficiently
- To ensure all office systems are functioning efficiently
- Regular updates to financial records and CRM systems
- Credit card and expenses management
- Processing of donations and bank payments
- Provide data for finance and other business reports
- Support management of office contracts, eg mobile phones, MS 365
- Assist with Insurance renewals and associated record keeping
- Support key office services and ensure the office, equipment and supplies, are well maintained
- Maintain and communicate office processes to facilitate smooth running
- Support planning of events, including booking trade stands and hiring equipment
- Maintaining internal systems, records and appropriate compliance and administration processes
- Providing other support for governance activities including assistance to our trustees
- Assisting on other organisational projects at the direction of the line manager and the Trustees
- To support other teams as and when necessary
- Other tasks and duties at the direction of the line manager.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of administration and record keeping
- Experience of financial data processing
- Experience of working with CRM data and systems (Donorfy useful but not essential).
- Understanding charity governance and finance
- Experience of office management
Skills and attributes:
- An interest in Farm Animal Welfare
- Highly organised, efficient and self-motivated
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Numerate and comfortable working with Excel
- Social Media literate
- Good written and oral communication skills
- An aptitude with office equipment and technology
- Ability to work with competing priorities, deadlines and targets
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt as part of a small team
- Willingness to work occasional flexible hours as needed
- IT literate in all major Microsoft Office applications
Terms and Conditions:
- Place of work: The Chairty is based near Evesham, Worcestershire, but the role will mostly require working from home. We would expect attendance at the office itself for meetings, and as required for events preparation etc.
- Working Hours: 24 hours per week, which can be carried out flexibly across the week to suit your schedule. Will be required to work occasional weekends for events.
- Salary: £22,000-£26,000pa [pro-rata] depending on experience, plus a company pension scheme
- Contract: Permanent
- Holiday entitlement: Begins at 25 days per annum, in addition to public holidays