Job Title: Corporate Partnerships Manager
Responsible To: Director of Fundraising and Marketing
About The Felix Project
The Felix Project is a dynamic London charity that works with food suppliers and charities and schools to reduce food waste and food poverty. We were set up in 2016 by entrepreneur, Justin Byam Shaw.
More than eight million people in the UK struggle to afford to eat every day, while our food industry generates 100,000 tonnes of edible food waste each year.
We rescue good food that cannot be sold and would otherwise go to waste. This is high-quality and nutritious, including a high proportion of fresh fruit and vegetables, baked goods, salads, meat and fish. We collect or receive food from 170 suppliers, including supermarkets, wholesalers, farms, restaurants and delis.
We sort and then deliver this food to charities that cook meals and prepare food parcels for vulnerable people and to primary schools to distribute to children and their families. This year we will deliver over 2,500 tonnes of food to more than 310 London frontline charities and primary schools. This is enough food to make over 6.5 million meals.
We have 37 staff, 400 volunteers and a fleet of 20 vans.
We have 3 main operations. Our 2 depot operations at Enfield and Park Royal and our Central London operation. The depots are open during the day and from these we collect, sort, deliver and store surplus food using our own vans completing pre-configured routes. Our Central London operation runs in the evening and does point to point re-distribution directly from food retailers to charities, without the need for depot storage. The Central London operation is fully “green” and uses electric vans and walking and cycling routes to extend our reach.
The Corporate Partnerships Manager will develop and deliver a business plan to grow existing and new support for The Felix Project. This role will take the lead on generating new income from the business community and managing high-value, strategic partnerships. With support from our Director of Fundraising and a well-connected trustee board, and in collaboration with our current Corporate Partnerships Manager you will secure sponsorships, develop tailored pitches and win new strategic and Charity of the Year (CoTY) partnerships. It will suit a driven fundraiser who is motivated to work in a dynamic young charity helping the most vulnerable people in London with a beautifully simple model that provides good food for good causes. Initially the role will be focused on developing support from either the Food or Financial sectors.
- Implement the 3 year strategy and plan to time and budget, meeting specific financial and organisational objectives, targets and KPIs
- Securing New Income
- In conjunction with the Director of Fundraising, Corporate Partnerships Manager and the Fundraising Committee, identify and qualify pipeline for new partnerships and corporate support
- Deliver the plan to secure the income pipeline by involving other team members as appropriate
- Work with Volunteer team to develop regular income from corporate volunteering
- Maintain accurate records of new secured income
- Network to develop relationships and create new opportunities
- Account Management
- Account management of the charity’s most valuable partnerships
- Develop first class stewardship programs in order to maximise and maintain accounts
- Ensure that partners receive motivating, timely and relevant updates about the work of The Felix Project
- Create engagement moments to further cultivate support for the work of Felix through site visits and special events
- Build excellent working relationships with Trustee’s relevant to the success of partnerships and corporates
- Effectively create and maintain up-to-date corporate fundraising records
- Create and maintain up-to-date press and fundraising records
- Provide analysis and regular income reports
- Evaluate and create written agreements for partners, as necessary
- Keep up to date with all the major issues related to food surplus and food poverty
- Ensure Tax and VAT requirements, relating to corporate support are adhered to
- Organise corporate volunteering days
- Assisting with other fundraising initiatives as required
- Represent The Felix Project at external events
- Contribute to team meetings
Measures of Success
- Growth in Corporate income
- Increased number of new business approaches
- Increased number of CoTY applications
- Increased number of new partnership / corporate leads
- Healthy conversion rate from prospect to partner
- Retention of and increased support from existing funders
- Positive stakeholder feedback
You will have experience of identifying, approaching and securing corporate and high value partnerships. We are looking for a proactive fundraiser who is a strategic thinker, confident communicator and has excellent relationship management skills who can comfortably network and engage at all levels. With demonstrable experience for achieving targets and growth, you will have enthusiasm and drive with a flair for motivating others. You will be committed to the work of Felix and will have excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of identifying, qualifying and securing new business income
- Proven experience of managing corporate partnerships worth at least six figures
- Firm grasp of fundraising principles and practice
- Proven ability to develop good working relationships with people of all levels
- Excellent communication and personal skills with a flair for supporting the creation of compelling marketing materials
- Strong writing skills and experience of writing persuasive proposals
- Excellent track record of donor care
- Experience of working with a CRM database
- Well organised with a record of providing regular reports and analysis
- Passionate about food-waste / environment
- Experience of winning charity partnerships with companies in either the food industry or financial sector
- Proficient in e-tapestry
- Confident public speaking and presenting skills
- 3+ years fundraising experience
Competencies and Behaviours
- Motivated and enthusiastic about our work
- Brilliant communicator and influencer
- Results focused with a problem solving approach to challenges
- Digital/IT savvy
- Competent in MS Excel/Word/Powerpoint
- Organised with a methodical approach
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.