Job Title: Corporate Partnerships Officer
Reporting To: Corporate Partnership Manager
Contract type: Permanent
About The Felix Project
The Felix Project is London's biggest food redistribution charity and the largest end-to-end food redistribution charity in Europe.
Our vision is a London where no one goes hungry and good food is never wasted.
We rescue surplus food from businesses, supermarkets, restaurants and farms. This food is nutritious, in-date, and safe and includes a high proportion of fresh vegetables, fruit, meat and fish. If we did not rescue this food, it would be at risk of going to waste. Instead, we deliver it free of charge to London charities, schools, food banks, COVID food hubs and other organisations serving people in need. Our food is a vital lifeline for children and families, people on low incomes, people who have lost their jobs, the homeless, refugees, domestic abuse survivors, the elderly and keyworkers.
We are a very ambitious and dynamic young charity and we haven’t stopped growing since we were founded in 2016 in memory of Felix Byam Shaw, by his father, entrepreneur Justin Byam Shaw. We recently ran a very high-profile media campaign with the Evening Standard and Independent, raising £10million to feed London. We have celebrity endorsement from Reece James, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Jack Whitehall, Stephen Fry, James May and many others.
Last year we delivered enough food for 21.1 million meals to help people in need. We have continuing major growth plans for the next 4 years, with a target of delivering enough food for 100 million meals by 2024. Because nearly all the food we receive is donated by the food industry and volunteers, every £1 of expenditure redistributes £10 worth of food.
Purpose of the Job
This role will sit within our growing Corporate Partnerships Team, supporting the Corporate Partnerships Managers as part of the wider Fundraising & Marketing Team. The purpose of this role will be to provide excellent account management to some of our current corporate partners, and to support on the development of prospected new partnerships and initiatives within the corporate fundraising programme. You will be a key member of the fundraising team and actively contribute to the implementation of The Felix Project’s fundraising strategy.
Your focus will be to ensure income growth from corporate sources and activity based in new business development, account management, cause-related marketing, and sponsorship. As a growing team we have networks and pipelines in place but there will be a requirement for the post holder to innovate and develop new ways of working in-line with the fast-paced operational requirements of the charity.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Play a role in implementing the three-year fundraising strategy, plan to time and budget, meeting specific financial and organisational objectives, targets and KPIs
2. New Business
- Proactively source and develop leads for future funding opportunities and partnerships, taking them through our prospect journey from identify to close.
- Identify and build relationships within brand new industries for the charity.
- Manage enquiries about corporate partnerships and professional services, making first contact with potential partners and introducing Corporate Partnerships Managers as appropriate.
- Support on the development of pitch and proposal materials.
- Develop online/offline corporate fundraising plans and activites.
- Prospect, research and undertake due diligence on new potential partners.
3. Account Management
- Support current and new partnerships, setting goals, and developing partnership agreements, developing strategic relationships with a view to long term retention and over achievement on targets.
- Provide inspirational and emotive reporting, showing impact of support.
- Drive corporate participation in key Felix events such as World Hunger Day and Food Waste Action Week.
- Undertake routine financial management of partnerships.
- Effectively create and maintain up-to-date records on our Fundraising CRM.
- Provide regular analysis and income and expenditure reports.
- Provide regular activity and pipeline update reports.
- Undertake appropriate thanking for the fundraising and volunteering efforts of our corporate partners.
- Actively contribute to Corporate Partnerships Meetings and Fundraising Team Meetings.
5. Corporate Volunteering
- Establish a sign-up journey for Corporate Volunteers.
- Manage corporate volunteering enquiries.
- Work alongside the Volunteering team to create materials and information packs for potential partners/volunteers.
- Host occasional corporate volunteering days to support the building of relationships with our corporate partners
Measures of Success
- Achieving income targets for existing partners.
- Acquisition of new partners.
- Retention of and increased support from existing partners.
- Positive stakeholder feedback.
The Felix Project recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We particularly welcome applications from those of a black and minority ethnic (BAME) background, as BAME people are currently under-represented within The Felix Project.
You will be a creative individual who has proven experience in developing and stewarding relationships with corporate partners, as well as knowledge and understanding of winning new business. You will have strong organisational skills and be confident to network and build relationships with supporters. You will be committed to the work of The Felix Project, sustainability and creating a circular economy.
Essential skills/knowledge relevant to this role
- Experience of developing new business, using a CRM to undertake a prospecting journey
- Demonstratable experience of securing new Corporate Partnerships worth at least £50k.
- Demonstratable knowledge of the principles of charity/corporate partnerships, both account management and new business
- Proven ability of effective and confident relationship building and retention of corporate partners from a range of business sectors.
- Proven ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders and develop good relationships with supporters.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in person, online and written
- Ability to manage a varied workload, work on own initiative to multiple tight deadlines with demonstrable time management skills and processes.
- Experience of working with a CRM database
- Well organised with a record of providing regular reports and analysis
Desirable skills/knowledge relevant to this role
- Passionate about food-waste / sustainability
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics (or similar CRM)
- Confident public speaking and presenting skills
- Brilliant communicator and influencer
- Results focused with a problem-solving approach to challenges
- Digital/IT savvy
- Competent in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Creative with an organised and methodical approach
What you’ll get in return
You will be working in an upbeat, innovative charity with strong vision, ambition and a fantastic culture and leadership team. This role at our located in our Park Royal (W3 0RU) depot, you will also be able to work remotely. You will also be able to work in one of our other depot locations or attend external meetings with our corporate partners. The salary is c£28,000 per annum, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Occasionally the role may be required to work weekends and evenings.
Please provide your CV with a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role.
Applications close: Monday 9th August 2021
First interviews: w/c 16th August 2021
(if applicable) Second interviews: w/c 23rd August 2021