Job Title: Digital Executive
Reporting To: Marketing Manager
Salary: £27 – 28 k
Contract type: 3-month contract (start ASAP to early Jan) possibility to be extended/become perm
About The Felix Project
The Felix Project is London's biggest food redistribution charity and the largest end-to-end food redistribution charity in Europe.
Our vision is a London where no one goes hungry and good food is never wasted.
We rescue surplus food from businesses, supermarkets, restaurants and farms. This food is nutritious, in-date, and safe and includes a high proportion of fresh vegetables, fruit, meat and fish. If we did not rescue this food, it would be at risk of going to waste. Instead, we deliver it free of charge to London charities, schools, food banks, COVID food hubs and other organisations serving people in need. Our food is a vital lifeline for children and families, people on low incomes, people who have lost their jobs, the homeless, refugees, domestic abuse survivors, the elderly and keyworkers.
We are a very ambitious and dynamic young charity and we haven’t stopped growing since we were founded in 2016 in memory of Felix Byam Shaw, by his father, entrepreneur Justin Byam Shaw. We recently ran a very high-profile media campaign with the Evening Standard and Independent, raising £10million to feed London. We have celebrity endorsement from Reece James, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Jack Whitehall, Stephen Fry, James May and many others.
Last year we delivered enough food for 21.1 million meals to help people in need. We have continuing major growth plans for the next 4 years, with a target of delivering enough food for 100 million meals by 2024. Because nearly all the food we receive is donated by the food industry and volunteers, every £1 of expenditure redistributes £10 worth of food.
Purpose of the Job
The Digital Executive will manage email communications and website communications for The Felix Project, using Microsoft Dynamics for email and Craft CMS for the website.
The ideal candidate will have experience building digital marketing journeys, using a CMS, creating website content, writing for SEO, tracking data in Google Analytics and have some understanding of good user experience. They will be proficient at building and sending emails in Microsoft Dynamics, having full ownership of all fundraising and newsletter emails, as well as supporting teams in volunteering, community and food supply to email their audiences.
This role is remote working.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Use Microsoft Dynamics to create and send emails
- Plan & build results-driven email journeys for donors and newsletter subscribers in support of the Christmas fundraising campaign
- Support internal stakeholders to email their audiences through dynamics over Christmas
- Manage a Christmas email schedule for the whole organisation
- Write email copy for fundraising and newsletter subscribers
- Design graphics in Canva for email and website
- Manage content on the website, working with Craft CMS
- Plan and execute great website content, in support of the Christmas fundraising campaign
- Support teams to make great website content, providing sign off on all pages
- Manage user experience on the website, making sure content is accessible, clear and engaging
- Analyse email performance on Microsoft Dynamics
- Analyse website performance in Google Analytics
- Work with an agency to drive SEO traffic
The Felix Project recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We particularly welcome applications from those of a black and minority ethnic (BAME) background, as BAME people are currently under-represented within The Felix Project.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about email marketing, user journeys and brilliant websites, and who wants to apply their skills to fight hunger and food waste in London.
Essential skills/knowledge relevant to this role
- Sending emails with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Planning and executing consumer/or donor marketing email journeys
- Copywriting for email marketing
- Experience creating email newsletters
- Evaluating email performance & extracting learnings in Dynamics 365
- Managing websites, using a CMS
- Writing for web
- Reporting in Google Analytics
Desirable skills/knowledge relevant to this role
- Canva design to create simple assets
- Email fundraising experience
- Fundamentals of website accessibility & good UX
What you’ll get in return
You will be working in an upbeat, innovative charity with strong vision, ambition and a fantastic culture and leadership team. This role is mainly home based. The salary is c£27,000-£28,000 per annum (dependant on experience), 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
Contract Type: 3 months, with opportunity to extend and/or become permanent.
Hours: Flexible and out-of-hours working.
Core hours: 9:30 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Please use this website to apply with a CV and covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role. We are looking for a candidate who can start immediately and will be interviewing as suitable applications come in.
Applications close: Friday 29