Job Title: Events and Major Donor Manager
Responsible To: Director of Fundraising and Marketing
About The Felix Project
The Felix Project is a dynamic London charity that works with food suppliers and charities and schools to reduce food waste and food poverty. We were set up in 2016 by entrepreneur, Justin Byam Shaw.
More than eight million people in the UK struggle to afford to eat every day, while our food industry generates 100,000 tonnes of edible food waste each year.
We rescue good food that cannot be sold and would otherwise go to waste. This is high-quality and nutritious, including a high proportion of fresh fruit and vegetables, baked goods, salads, meat and fish. We collect or receive food from 170 suppliers, including supermarkets, wholesalers, farms, restaurants and delis.
We sort and then deliver this food to charities that cook meals and prepare food parcels for vulnerable people and to primary schools to distribute to children and their families. This year we will deliver over 2,500 tonnes of food to more than 310 London frontline charities and primary schools. This is enough food to make over 6.5 million meals.
We have 37 staff, 400 volunteers and a fleet of 20 vans.
We have 3 main operations. Our 2 depot operations at Enfield and Park Royal and our Central London operation. The depots are open during the day and from these we collect, sort, deliver and store surplus food using our own vans completing pre-configured routes. Our Central London operation runs in the evening and does point to point re-distribution directly from food retailers to charities, without the need for depot storage. The Central London operation is fully “green” and uses electric vans and walking and cycling routes to extend our reach.
This role will lead in creating, delivering, and managing a new series of annual Events both Felix owned events and 3rd Party events. This will develop a new, sustainable income stream for the organisation. It will also support the Senior Fundraiser, Director of Fundraising and Trustees to manage major donor and prospective major donor relationships.
- Implement the 3 year fundraising strategy and plan to time and budget, meeting specific financial and organisational objectives, targets and KPIs
- Plan, market and deliver a series of new annual events for The Felix Project
- Manage booking forms, guest lists, issuing invoices and tracking income for the events.
- Source prizes and maintaining a ‘bank’ of prizes, recorded on the CRM system, that can be used at Felix Project events.
- Ensure event committee members, prize donors and guests are given excellent stewardship and thanked appropriately.
- Prepare biographies for prospective donors attending events
- Develop and own a pipeline of income from event opportunities
- Major Donors
- Develop first class stewardship programs in order to maximise and maintain relationships with Major Donors
- Ensure that supporters receive motivating, timely and relevant updates about the work of The Felix Project
- Create engagement moments to further cultivate support for the work of Felix through site visits and our events
- Network and attend meetings to develop relationships and create new opportunities with Major Donors
- Research prospective donors
- Provide administrative support to colleagues managing major donor relationships, preparing briefings in advance of meetings and undertake follow-up activity as requested.
- Effectively create and maintain up-to-date records on our Fundraising CRM
- Create and maintain up-to-date press and fundraising records
- Provide analysis and regular income reports
- Provide activity and pipeline update reports
- Keep up to date with all the major issues related to food surplus and food poverty
- Ensure Tax and VAT requirements, relating to events and auctions are adhered to
- Assisting with other fundraising initiatives as required
- Represent The Felix Project at external events
- Contribute to team meetings
Measures of Success
- Establishment of new event series
- Income received through events and Major Donors
- Acquisition of new supporters
- Retention of and increased support from Major Donors
- Positive stakeholder feedback
You will be a creative individual who has experience in developing and coordinating events and managing relationships with high net worth individuals. You will have strong organisational skills and be confident to network and build relationships with supporters. You will be committed to the work of Felix and will have excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of developing and implementing new fundraising event ideas
- Proven experience of delivering events
- Proven ability to develop good relationships with high net worth individuals
- Excellent communication and personal skills with a flair for supporting the creation of compelling marketing materials
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent track record of donor care
- Experience of working with a CRM database
- Well organised with a record of providing regular reports and analysis
- Passionate about food-waste / environment
- Proficient in e-tapestry or Microsoft Dynamics
- Confident public speaking and presenting skills
- 3+ years fundraising experience
Competencies and Behaviours
- Motivated and enthusiastic about our work
- Brilliant communicator and influencer
- Results focused with a problem solving approach to challenges
- Digital/IT savvy
- Competent in MS Excel/Word/Powerpoint
- Creative with an organised and methodical approach
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.