Since the start of Covid we have seen demand for food from our many charity partners rocket, and now we are sourcing and delivering food for more than 500,000 meals every week (a 300% increase since March 2020). With our talented and energetic team of staff and volunteers we are committed to make an even greater impact on food poverty by growing this to 2 million meals per week (100 million meal per year) by the end of 2023..
In late 2020 Felix joined the FareShare national food redistribution network as the London distributor. Combining our existing operations with additional services adopted from FareShare we are now solely responsible for the ‘last mile’ of the process. This is a complex and multi-faceted distribution business, managing food, services, volunteers and assets with full traceability to serve more than 1000 local charities and community organisations across London.
Technology is a core feature of our growth strategy. We have committed to Microsoft 365 infrastructure and we already utilise Outlook, SharePoint, Teams and PowerBI, with users established on Azure AD. With the help of Accenture and Avanade we have implemented Dynamics 365, managing our deliveries of food in our fleet of vans using a PowerApps Portal to enable live updates for our volunteer drivers. In 2021 we have also successfully implemented CRM for fundraising, donor management and marketing automation.
By virtue of our partnership with FareShare we are also starting to realise a number of valuable enhancements to our technology and data capabilities, including adoption and integration of the national GLADYS stock control system. We expect further benefits to flow by working in close collaboration with our FareShare colleagues.
Building on all this we want to extend the use of dynamics into all aspects of our organisation by migrating data and processes from proprietary systems onto our Dynamics 365 CRM platform, and implementing world-class analytics and insight in pursuit of our vision of A London whrere no-one goes hungry and food is never wasted.
In a nutshell
We're looking for an innovative and experienced technology professional to join our leadership team assuming responsibility for ensuring that our technology platforms and future investments deliver measurable benefits for our business and our customers.
Working from home and regularly from any of our four depots across London, you'll inspire and deliver all aspects of technology infrastructure and systems development in support of our ambitions growth plans.
This newly created position would suit an experienced technologist with experience of systems development and technology innovation in an SMB environment. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years hands on experience in a similar role, together with a good understanding of the environment, challenges and needs of charities. Experience of the food industry and sitribution sectors would be an advantage.
Purpose of the Role
To provide leadership in all aspects of technology and its successful and consistent adoption by the entire organisation. To participate in strategic planning and budgeting and be accountable for delivery. To ensure good communication between internal and external parties and that the IT team works closely with the business and stakeholders to ensure business objectives are delivered. Responsible for compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Work closely with the Felix leadership team and Technology Steering Group to develop the IT strategy to reflect and support the strategy of The Felix Project
- Accept shared responsibility as a member of the extended leadership team, providing professional advice and functional leadership in all matters related to IT
- Own and develop the IT business plan, establish and manage the annual IT budget
- Communicate vision, strategy, and roadmaps internally and externally as appropriate
- Ensure business systems are fit for purpose and able to deliver business objectives
- Ensure processes and business systems are integrated and provide comprehensive management information
- Provide expert knowledge, experience and professional advice as required across the organisation
- Ensure all staff are well trained and make best use of the available IT, including the creation of workstreams and champions
- Lead, inspire, and develop the IT team of staff and volunteers
- Commission, lead and deliver technology projects and share ownership of delivery of business outcomes driven by these projects
- Ensure appropriate disaster recovery and business continuity plans and in place and regularly tested
- Foster and drive innovation throughout the business, working with internal and external clients and operational teams to understand what they really need
- Continually review external technical and regulatory environments to identify relevant risks and opportunities
- Oversee IT hardware, networks and security, telephony and services together with software solutions
- Take responsibility for day-today compliance with respect to data privacy and compliance, in liaison with senior colleagues and the independent Data Protection Officer
- Show general leadership across the organistion by having a visual and active prescence across the charity including amongst depot based staff and volunteers.
Knowledge and Experience
- Success in delivering successful IT systems development and technology projects
- Knowledge and experience of strategic planning, implementing and managing IT at cross- organisational level
- Demonstrable experience of change management
- Understanding and experience of Agile development methodologies
- Budget management including development of business cases
- Track record in IT service management
- Experience of managing third party supplier relationships
- Ability to work with colleagues to translate organisation and customer needs into successful service delivery
- Commitment and capability for team leadership, collaboration and people development
- Relevant experience of the nonprofit sector, and the food and distribution industry
- Experience and qualifictions in Microsoft365, Dynamics365 and related technologies
- Experience of working in a large organisation as an IT senior manager
- Relevant specialist or general business professional qualification(s)
- Experience of IT software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience of business analysis tools and processes
The Felix Project recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We of a black and minority ethnic (BAME) background, as BAME people are currently particularly welcome applications from those under-represented within The Felix Project.
- Proactive and business-driven
- Genuinely interested in IT and abreast of new thinking / innovation
- Willingness and flexibility to operational demands and working hours where required
- Analytical and able to communicate compelling business cases supported by evidence
- Demonstrable commitment to the purpose and values of The Felix Project
- Understanding of diversity and commitment to equity of opportunity
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at all levels within the organisation
- Proactive decision maker who can positively influence change
- Inspirational collaborative leader who supports, coaches and leads the team
- Well-developed influencing skills, comfortable operating in a consultative capacity
- Commitment to delivering solutions for internal clients on time and within budget
- Ability to establish and maintain the confidence, trust and support of reports, peers and users through periods of significant and organisational change
- Plan, establish and manage the annual IT budget
- Team leadership, people development
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.