Job Title: Social Media Manager
Reporting To: Marketing Manager
Salary: 28 - 30k
Contract type: 3-month contract (start ASAP to early Jan) possibility to be extended/become perm
About The Felix Project
The Felix Project is London's biggest food redistribution charity and the largest end-to-end food redistribution charity in Europe.
Our vision is a London where no one goes hungry and good food is never wasted.
We rescue surplus food from businesses, supermarkets, restaurants and farms. This food is nutritious, in-date, and safe and includes a high proportion of fresh vegetables, fruit, meat and fish. If we did not rescue this food, it would be at risk of going to waste. Instead, we deliver it free of charge to London charities, schools, food banks, COVID food hubs and other organisations serving people in need. Our food is a vital lifeline for children and families, people on low incomes, people who have lost their jobs, the homeless, refugees, domestic abuse survivors, the elderly and keyworkers.
We are a very ambitious and dynamic young charity and we haven’t stopped growing since we were founded in 2016 in memory of Felix Byam Shaw, by his father, entrepreneur Justin Byam Shaw. We recently ran a very high-profile media campaign with the Evening Standard and Independent, raising £10million to feed London. We have celebrity endorsement from Reece James, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Jack Whitehall, Stephen Fry, James May and many others.
Last year we delivered enough food for 21.1 million meals to help people in need. We have continuing major growth plans for the next 4 years, with a target of delivering enough food for 100 million meals by 2024. Because nearly all the food we receive is donated by the food industry and volunteers, every £1 of expenditure redistributes £10 worth of food.
Purpose of the Job
The Social Media Manager will manage all social media accounts for The Felix Project, including Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube - in the lead up to, and during, our busy Christmas period. This role follows a varied mix of in-person and remote working, at a flexible schedule, and includes some out-of-hours work. Time in Lieu is available.
You will be expected to visit all Felix Project London operations (Park Royal, Enfield, Liverpool St/Victoria, Bow, and Deptford) as well as various charity partners across London to generate engaging people-focused content for our social channels first-hand.
Remotely, you will brief internal stakeholders to support content production, as well as work with clients from Corporate Brands, Food Supply and Media on key campaigns. The Social Media Manager will lead outreach to celebrities, briefing them and planning celeb volunteer ‘takeovers’ to generate reach.
The ideal candidate will have experience running paid promotions as well as organic campaigns. The Social Manager will be expected to manage paid promotion over the Christmas period, as well as organic content and day-day social community management.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Manage social accounts day-day - plan & generate content, manage the social calendar, post & schedule, respond to comments & messages – visiting operations and events where needed
- Manage paid campaigns on Facebook and Instagram, to drive income over the Christmas period, working with Marketing Manager & colleagues in fundraising
- Plan and execute an organic Christmas campaign, in line with paid promotion, to support Christmas fundraising campaign
- Lead on celebrity & influencer activity, with support from the Marketing Manager
- Produce content for key external clients in corporate, food supply and media, working closely on any joint campaigns
- Report on social performance & learnings
- Develop social media guidelines and briefing processes to help manage the busy December period
- Shape our organic social content strategy, following a test and learn approach
- Run content workshops to generate ideas
- Embed yourself in the Felix community to find powerful stories and content
The Felix Project recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We particularly welcome applications from those of a black and minority ethnic (BAME) background, as BAME people are currently under-represented within The Felix Project.
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes social and who understands the opportunity presented by The Felix Project’s brand and following to do great, career defining things in this area. You should have an instinct for what makes good content and an enthusiasm to experiment – whilst always learning from the data to refine your approach. We are looking for a candidate who can work autonomously, who can work at-pace, and who understands how to balance many competing requests and deadlines.
Essential skills/knowledge relevant to this role
- Social media management for a charity or business
- Facebook advertising
- Copywriting and design
- Social media reporting & content analysis
- Project management
- Stakeholder management
- Very good understanding of Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Working knowledge of YouTube
Desirable skills/knowledge relevant to this role
- Working with celebrities
- Sprout Social
- Canva or Adobe design
- TikTok experience
What you’ll get in return
You will be working in an upbeat, innovative charity with strong vision, ambition and a fantastic culture and leadership team. This role at our located across our four locations, and at home. The salary is c£28,000-£30,000 per annum (dependant on experience), 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
Contract Type: 3 months, with opportunity to extend
Hours: Flexible and out-of-hours working.
Core hours: 9:30 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Applications close: Friday 29