Job Title: Supply Co-Ordinator
Reporting To: Supply Manager
Contract type: Full time / 1-year contract
About The Felix Project
The Felix Project is London's biggest food redistribution charity and the largest end-to-end food redistribution charity in Europe.
Our vision is a London where no one goes hungry and good food is never wasted.
We rescue surplus food from businesses, supermarkets, restaurants and farms. This food is nutritious, in-date, and safe and includes a high proportion of fresh vegetables, fruit, meat and fish. If we did not rescue this food, it would be at risk of going to waste. Instead, we deliver it free of charge to London charities, schools, food banks, COVID food hubs and other organisations serving people in need. Our food is a vital lifeline for children and families, people on low incomes, people who have lost their jobs, the homeless, refugees, domestic abuse survivors, the elderly and keyworkers.
We are a very ambitious and dynamic young charity and we haven’t stopped growing since we were founded in 2016 in memory of Felix Byam Shaw, by his father, entrepreneur Justin Byam Shaw. We recently ran a very high-profile media campaign with the Evening Standard and Independent, raising £10million to feed London. We have celebrity endorsement from Reece James, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Jack Whitehall, Steven Fry, James May and many others.
Last year we delivered enough food for 21.1 million meals to help people in need. We have continuing major growth plans for the next 4 years, with a target of delivering enough food for 100 million meals by 2024. Because nearly all the food we receive is donated by the food industry and volunteers, every £1 of expenditure redistributes £10 worth of food.
Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the role is to identify and secure new surplus food supply and develop long-term supply partnerships while growing the relationships we hold with existing suppliers. You will play a big part in ensuring that the charity is successful in achieving its objective to rescue and secure a growing supply of surplus food that will take us to our ambitious target of 42,000 tonnes of surplus food the equivalent of 100 million meals rescued and redistributed by 2023/4.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Grow our food supply volumes in line with our strategic plans, working towards our key strategic target of 100m meals by 2023/4
- Help to determine the gaps and opportunities in our existing supplier base and develop a plan to increase the number of suppliers and the volume of deliveries
- Identify new opportunities across our current supplier base.
- Encourage working with suppliers further up the supply chain
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure the relationship with TFP is mutually beneficial. This will include liaising with the Fundraising team and influencing the social media plan
- Liaise with the depot teams over any day-to-day issues with suppliers
- Manage the supplier base so deliveries of stock are consistent and maximised
You will have a proven track record of building new relationships in a B2B environment to meet targets and achieve growth.
You will have a great understanding of the food industry and have a passion for reducing food waste and/or food poverty. You have developed and managed effective third-party relationships to enable growth and you have a passion to be in a charity that is expanding rapidly.
Essential skills/knowledge relevant to this role
- Experience in a buying, at a supplier, or in a supply chain environment
- Confident and professional negotiator
- Experience in sales or account management
- Food industry contacts will make the job role more impactful
- Proven track record in supporting growth
- Ability to work within a team of varied individuals with a positive attitude
- Meticulous organisation skills and attention to detail
- Good PC skills, particularly Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills
- Experience of executing against the plan
- Demonstrable experience of initiating and managing strategic long-term partnerships to enable growth
- Ability to travel, visiting suppliers and all four Felix sites
- Full UK Driving Licence
Desirable skills/knowledge relevant to this role
- Committed to reducing food waste and fighting food poverty
- Knowledge of food safety legislation and HACCP
What you’ll get in return
You will be working in an upbeat, innovative charity with strong vision, ambition and a fantastic culture and leadership team. This role will be based across our four sites in Park Royal, Enfield, Deptford and Poplar, with regular travel to suppliers and charities and other key stakeholders when necessary. The salary is c £28,000-£30,000 per annum (dependant on experience), 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
Contract Type: 12 Month FTC
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 8.30am to 5pm
Applications close: Monday 3rd May 2021
First interviews: Monday 10th, Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th May 2021
(if applicable) Second interviews: Applicable but date TBA
Please send us your CV with a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role.