Job Title: Supporter Care Manager
Responsible To: Director of Fundraising and Marketing
About The Felix Project
The Felix Project is a dynamic London charity that works with food suppliers and charities and schools to reduce food waste and food poverty. We were set up in 2016 by entrepreneur, Justin Byam Shaw.
More than eight million people in the UK struggle to afford to eat every day, while our food industry generates 100,000 tonnes of edible food waste each year.
We rescue good food that cannot be sold and would otherwise go to waste. This is high-quality and nutritious, including a high proportion of fresh fruit and vegetables, baked goods, salads, meat and fish. We collect or receive food from 170 suppliers, including supermarkets, wholesalers, farms, restaurants and delis.
We sort and then deliver this food to charities that cook meals and prepare food parcels for vulnerable people and to primary schools to distribute to children and their families. This year we will deliver over 2,500 tonnes of food to more than 310 London frontline charities and primary schools. This is enough food to make over 6.5 million meals.
We have 37 staff, 400 volunteers and a fleet of 20 vans.
We have 3 main operations. Our 2 depot operations at Enfield and Park Royal and our Central London operation. The depots are open during the day and from these we collect, sort, deliver and store surplus food using our own vans completing pre-configured routes. Our Central London operation runs in the evening and does point to point re-distribution directly from food retailers to charities, without the need for depot storage. The Central London operation is fully “green” and uses electric vans and walking and cycling routes to extend our reach.
This role will manage the supporter care process to successfully deliver front line support, donation processing, and reporting across fundraising. Drive growth in income from developing cross-sell and retention strategies and embedding supporter insight across our fundraising efforts.
- Respond effectively and efficiently to all enquiries from potential fundraisers
- Manage and support all communications with fundraisers including thanking of donations
- Effectively create and maintain up-to-date records on our Fundraising CRM
- Ensure supporter care processes are documented and regularly reviewed
- Create supporter-centric journeys with the relevant Fundraising teams, to embed growth from cross-sell and retention opportunities.
- Manage the relationship with supporters from the applicable levels of the donor pyramid, ensuring income targets are achieved.
- Be the systems expert for fundraising CRM, spotting opportunities to streamline processes and develop further integration with other systems.
- Cleanse data to ensure records and donor preferences are kept up to date
- Provide the fundraising team with regular reports on income, operational statistics, data insights and pipeline updates for the team to utilise
- Be the department’s point person for upcoming systems development work
- Establish and manage accurate reporting for the Fundraising team to ensure KPI’s are easily trackable.
- Help to embed the use of supporter data to drive fundraising insight and strategy.
- To claim Gift Aid for the organisation
- Ensure Gift Aid requirements are adhered to
- Assisting with other fundraising initiatives as required
- Represent The Felix Project at external events
Measures of Success
- Increase the retention rate of supporters
- Increase income from the contacts in the database who have not claimed gift aid
- All supporters are thanked in line with agreed time frames
- Accuracy of records on the database
- Positive stakeholder feedback
- Fundraising CRM and Finance system reconciles
You will be a data driven, customer facing individual who has significant experience in managing fundraising CRM databases. You will have experience in analysing data and producing relevant reports. You will be able to respond to a wide variety of fundraising enquiries and have experience of all fundraising income streams including gift aid.
- Experience of all fundraising income streams
- Excellent track record of donor care
- Experience of data analysis and creating reports
- Experience of Gift Aid claims and regulations.
- Excellent communication and personal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Proven experience of working with and being the lead for a fundraising CRM database
- Well organised with a record of providing regular reports and analysis
- Passionate about food-waste / environment
- Proficient in e-tapestry or Microsoft Dynamics
Competencies and Behaviours
- Motivated and enthusiastic about our work
- Digital/IT savvy
- Excellent in MS Excel and analysis of data
- Brilliant communicator
- Results focused with a problem solving approach to challenges
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.