Caseworker- North of England
Location: Home based with significant travel to clients
Job type: 12-month fixed term contract
Hours: Part time. 21 hours p/w
Salary: £26,000 FTE
About the charity
The Film and TV Charity supports people from the film, television and cinema industry in the UK at every stage of their career and beyond. The charity’s mission is to support the wellbeing of all those who help bring stories to our screens and empower them to fulfil their personal and professional lives.
About the role:
As a Caseworker, you will manage a case load of individuals from the film, television and cinema industry who are in need of practical and emotional support, coming alongside them for a time limited period to provide information, guidance and advocacy to help them achieve their goals.
Key responsibilities will include
- Providing generalist and time limited telephone/ face to face guidance and support to a case load of individuals in financial and practical need to include,
- Generic benefits advice
- Basic guidance RE: financial management
- Initial assessment of need and agreement of support plan
- Recording and monitoring support plan including expectations and timescales
- Building awareness of local and national statutory and charitable support services
- Helping clients to navigate the wider services available to them
- Advocating on behalf of clients when they encounter difficulties
- Liaising between clients and accommodation providers, health services and other relevant internal and external support services, as necessary
- Maintaining a well-organised and easily accessible administration system for the casework programme in line with relevant legislation (e.g. GDPR)
You will have experience of working one-on-one with vulnerable or disadvantaged client groups and of liaising with outside agencies on their behalf.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to keep clear and up to date records.
You will be a committed team member but will be confident and comfortable working remotely and managing your own workload.
You will also have a genuine interest in the film, television and cinema industry.
Applying for this role
Please submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4
Closing date: February 3rd 2020
Interviews commencing week beginning: February 10th 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.