Are you an enthusiastic, experienced Administrator looking for your next role? Could you thrive working in an environment supporting members of the amazing UK Fire and Rescue Service community? If so, read on.
The Firefighters Charity is the organisation that supports the mental, physical and social needs of the members of the UK Fire and Rescue Service community. We recognise that no two people requesting our support do so for the same reason and tailor our service to achieve the best results for each of our beneficiaries.
When the rescuers need it the most, we rescue them.
As part of our UK-wide range of support services, Harcombe House in the heart of Devon offers accommodation and services to help our beneficiaries recover from a physically damaging or mentally traumatising experience.
We are now looking for an Administrator to join us on a part time basis working 15 hours per week over a 4 week shift pattern.
- Salary of £8,494 per annum (£10.89 per hour)
- Pension scheme (8% contributions)
- 25 annual days’ holiday rising to 27 plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Life Assurance
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Take on a rewarding role helping the UK’s fire and rescue services
- Become a beneficiary of the Charity
This is a superb opportunity to not only give back to members of our deserving fire and rescue services community, but also to gain valuable working experience with our incredible charity.
As an Administrator, you will be efficient, courteous and professional ensuring that the highest standards of customer service are consistently delivered.
Specifically, you will:
- Act as the first point of contact for our Beneficiaries at our Centre
- Efficiently process applications for beneficiary services
- Make bookings for accommodation as availability and demand allows
- Work with all teams to provide a supportive, welcoming, informative and professional environment
- Utilise technology to provide up-to-date information
To be considered as an Administrator, you will need:
- Experience in the customer service environment
- Administration experience
- Experience in the use of customer relationship management software
- Strong IT skills including experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, in person and written
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team
This role operate on a four week rota systems working 15 hours per week with the fourth week off.
Tuesday 8.00am – 5.00pm and Thursday 11.00am – 6.30pm
Monday 08.00 – 4.30pm, Tuesday 08.00 – 5.00pm and Thursday 11.00am – 6.30pm
Monday 11.00am – 6.30pm, Saturday 8.00am – 4.30pm and Sunday 8.00 – 6.30pm
The closing date for this role is the 30th June 2019.
Please note; we reserve the right to close this role early if a sufficient number of applications is received or a suitable applicant is found.
To find out more about our Charity, please visit our website.
The Firefighters Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. When recruiting our new team members, regardless of the role, we are looking for people who share our values to help us to achieve our strategic plan.
So, if you are ready to take on a new role as an Administrator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.