How to apply
Physiotherapist (6 Month FTC)
Marine Court, Littlehampton
The Fire Fighters Charity is the organisation that supports the mental, physical and social needs of the members of the UK Fire and Rescue Service community. We recognise that no two people requesting our support do so for the same reason and tailor our service to achieve the best results for each of our beneficiaries.
When the rescuers need it the most, we rescue them.
As part of our UK-wide range of support services, Marine Court offers accommodation, state-of-the-art facilities and services to help our beneficiaries recover from a physically damaging or mentally traumatising experience.
We’re now looking for a Physiotherapist to join our team for a six month, fixed term contract.
- Salary of £32,548 pro rata
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible working options
- Take on a rewarding role helping the UK fire and rescue services community
This is a brilliant opportunity to join us at an exciting time in our evolution. We’re currently developing our services to ensure we’re meeting the changing needs of our beneficiaries within the current climate of increasing long term and mental health conditions.
In this exciting role, you will have the chance to facilitate the success of these services and support individuals who have gone above and beyond to keep their communities safe.
As a Physiotherapist, you will provide one to one support to members of the Fire and Rescue Service Community who require physical therapy treatments.
Working in collaboration with exercise therapists and psychological therapists, you will provide physiotherapy assessments, treatments and management at our specialist rehabilitation centre.
Your role will also involve:
- Providing online support services to compliment services at our rehabilitation centre
- Treating everyone as an individual and providing an holistic approach to the overall wellbeing of the people you treat
- Supporting the development of our services through your expertise and knowledge
- Building personalised programmes to aid the recovery of injured fire and rescue personnel
To join us as a Physiotherapist, you’ll need:
- Chartered Physiotherapist status, registered with the HCPC and a Member of the CSP
- A broad range of physiotherapy skills, including MSK
- A BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy, or an alternative appropriate qualification in physiotherapy
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability and resilience to adapt to change
Experience of supporting people with neurological, long term, mental health and complex conditions would be advantageous to your application.
Other titles for this role may include Rehabilitation Therapist, MSK Physiotherapist, Exercise & Rehabilitation Therapist, Occupational Health Therapist, or Physical Therapist.
This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week.
The closing date for applications is 9am on the 3rd July 2019. Interviews are scheduled to be held the week commencing the 8th July 2019.
This role involves regulated activity and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To find out more about The Fire Fighters Charity, please visit our website. We welcome informal visits to the centre where the extensive grounds, facilities and the services provided can be fully appreciated and where we can share with you some of the positive feedback we receive. Please contact the Human Resources Team to arrange a visit.
The Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. When recruiting our new team members, regardless of the role, we are looking for people who share our values to help us to achieve our strategic plan.
So, if you’re seeking a rewarding role as a Physiotherapist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.