Want to make a positive impact to peoples lives across Teesside and to work with a respected and ambitious charity? Yes – then this could be your dream job.
Five Lamps Organisation has weathered the Covid storm and is more committed than ever to support local communities. With a new management team in place, this exciting new role has been created to build on our successes and raise our profile to increase fundraising opportunities and secure new funding streams. No two days will be the same working with amazing staff and partners to increase opportunities for young people, to tackle child poverty, to find solutions for those who are financially excluded and to support older people experiencing loneliness and isolation.
Our new Charity & Fundraising Manager will share our passion and energy to make a real difference to peoples lives. You will be inspired by real people and real challenges to campaign, raise awareness and create new ideas and identify new projects and at the same time, ensure we continue to deliver excellence across the brilliant work we already do.
Five Lamps has been adding value for over 35 years. If you want to be part of a team ensuring we are around for another 35 years then apply for the job now.
Based at Five Lamps Office, Thornaby. There may be multi-location working and consequently the post has been designated as 'essential car-user'.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day running and management of charitable activities and services.
- Lead on the identification and delivery of charitable activities with a specific focus on young people, child poverty, financial inclusion, older person engagement, inclusion and tackling isolation and other community issues linked to our charitable objectives as they arise
- Work together with the Youth Inclusion Manager to identify and secure new opportunities for young engagement and to improve life opportunities for young people.
- To manage a portfolio of community projects aligned with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Recruit and support a team of volunteers, supporting the Head of Business Development & Assurance in developing the Organisations Volunteer Strategy.
- To work with the HR & People Manager and wider leadership team to sustain a charitable ethos across all functions and to design and implement and ‘Giving Back’ policy supporting colleagues to participate in activities and external volunteering opportunities.
- To contribute to the strategic direction of the Charity.
- To act as an ambassador and represent Five Lamps in a variety of forums and meetings and acting as the main point of contact for partnership working.
- Ensuring participation, evaluation, and feedback from service users.
- Lead on social impact reporting and support the Head of Business Development & Assurance with the social impact framework.
- Carry out marketing and public relations activities to raise the profile of Five Lamps services and campaigns and managing a Communications & Marketing Assistant.
- Office Management duties, including managing a Site Assistant, ensuring health and safety obligations are maintained in all Five Lamps buildings: management and reconciliation of petty cash and management of day-to-day office and administrative operations.
- Design and implement a Fundraising Strategy based on the Charities Business objectives to secure donation as well as longer term funding to support specific objectives
- Develop an Annual Fundraising Plan to include individual giving and legacy fundraising campaigns and applications to Trusts/Foundations for both unrestricted and project funding.
- Assess the potential of all fundraising activity and propose strategies for their management and development to ensure that fundraising is maximised.
- Monitor changes to the fundraising landscape and adjust the fundraising plan to take account of emerging opportunities/constraints.
- Design fundraising materials such as leaflets and social media content.
- Collaborating with other managers in the business, to scope, plan, and cost projects.
- Manage relationships with funders ensuring timely applications, responses, correspondence, and evaluation reports.
- Create fundraising content for website and social media.
- To maintain the highest standards of organisational and customer confidentiality at all times
- To demonstrate a commitment towards your own continuous personal development
- To monitor and maintain quality throughout the different areas of the service in relation to the external quality standards and inspection bodies and organisations
- To implement Five Lamps’ policies on Health and Safety, Data Protection and Equal Opportunities at all times
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required within the scope of the post
If you are interested in applying then send your cv.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.