You will integrate a strategic and operational approach to service management, and be responsible for excellent integration between all Recovery services.
* Assisting the Head of Recovery in recovery culture assessments, and where needed supporting the implementation and on-going accredited programmes across the organisation.
* Line managing the Service leads for Recovery Support services across the London and East Kent community, including the volunteer and apprentice coordinator.
* Producing regular performance reports for funders.
* Contributing to contract meetings and clinical governance meetings.
* Ensuring compliance with governance and audit processes, compliance with legal, professional and regulatory requirements.
* Contributing to strategic objectives and development bids by proactively seeking new opportunities and ensuring that this is filtered back into the organisation.
* Support the Head of Recovery & Resettlement to develop and implement the Recovery Support strategy across the organisation.
* Support the Resettlement team in meeting targets and creating new service level agreements to achieve the financial targets of the service.
* Support East Kent recovery services to achieve their contractual targets, ensuring that a strong recovery culture is visible across all Hubs.
* Communicate all new developments to all members in the team.
* Undertake the promotion of The Forward Trust's work in the area for which you are responsible, positively representing The Forward Trust at meetings and conferences.
* Liaise with senior prison and probation service personnel, commissioners and representatives from other agencies in your regional area.
* Work towards the objectives set out in The Forward Trust business plan in a structured and strategic way.
* Set team and individual objectives to implement and achieve strategic objectives.
* Builds strong relationships with, and makes full use of the support offered by head office functions.
* Builds, manages and continuously improves the relationships with contractual partners.
* To develop and maintain partnerships with both community and prison based agencies, and attend community and/or prison based meetings as and when required.
* Builds strong relationships with and make full use of the support offered by head office functions.
* Oversee and ensure effective management of the Forward Trust units for which you are responsible.
* In conjunction with the Head of Recovery and Resettlement ensure effective financial management of the Forward Trust units within your area, and in particular, ensure compliance with the budget.
* You will also be responsible for ensuring data accurately reflects output and is submitted within set deadlines which includes ensuring services are audit compliant and where appropriate meet all CQC requirements.
* Where required lead in the recruitment of staff into your areas, ensuring that The Forward Trust's commitment to equal opportunities is honoured at all times.
* Ensure poor performance is managed appropriately and team dynamics are routinely monitored.
* You will oversee management of training panels and ensuring the training needs of the teams are met.
* Meet targets and deadlines agreed with the Head of Recovery and Resettlement and in accordance with work plans and departmental standards.
* Visit all units in your region on a regular basis providing advice and support to managers.
* Line manage staff as required, including carrying out quarterly reviews as necessary, ensuring they are fully supported and accountable for their work. You will work closely with HR Business Partners to manage performance.
* Draw up training plans for your staff to ensure their technical knowledge is up to date and they are continually developing in their role.
Quality and Safety
* Ensure that services are regularly audited and any issues are escalated and addressed in a timely manner and good practice is effectively shared throughout the services.
* Alert the Head of Recovery and Resettlement to any significant risks or problems arising in the course of managing and monitoring the services.
* Work with the highest regard to health, safety and security in the workplace highlighting any risks (potential or actual) to the Head of Recovery and resettlement and (where appropriate) the Head of Governance.
* Ensure that information, including statistical data, for audit, research and reporting purposes, is effectively and efficiently collected, recorded and collated in the assigned area.
* Effectively manage information, particularly confidential information, within statutory duties and in accordance with best practice
* Promote and ensure departmental compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and ethical responsibilities.
* Keep up to date technically on all relevant matters and strive for continuous professional development.
The Forward Trust welcomes applications from those with lived experience.