This is not a Recruitment role. You will be an experienced IAG Qualified Employment Coach. If you do not have this qualification, you will not be considered for the role.
The ideal candidate will be able to really support each service user, educating them on the world of work, encouraging personal development and self-esteem, putting them at ease and understanding their challenges.
Offering an excellent benefits package, a friendly and supportive team, and opportunities for professional and personal development, we are looking for a friendly and experienced individual to join our team as an Employment Coach to work in Belmarsh prison, London.
The Forward Trust is a social enterprise and UK leading provider of drug and alcohol treatment services to offenders. We deliver treatment, recovery and wellbeing support in prisons and in the community, which includes advice, counselling, group work and intensive treatment.
Role responsibilities for the Employment Coach:
* Coach and prepare learners, clients and job seekers for the world of work and a range of jobs and apprenticeship roles
* Provide high quality CV, job search, interview support to learners/job seekers (ex-offenders, at risk offending, NEET, unemployed)
* Accurately identify the needs of the learners/job seekers, understanding their challenges, career ambitions, strengths & development areas, future job roles and/or training opportunities
* Identify a service users barrier to employment and have the adeptness to break those barriers
* Promote and develop mind-set, emotional intelligence qualities, self-confidence and esteem so that the learners/job seekers succeed in the world of work
* Coach the learners on a one to one and group basis
* Undertake job search with the learners/job seekers using relevant web-based software and packages
* Prepare learners/job seekers to a high standard for interview with employers
* Work with serving Prisoners in the Prison and those recently released
* Deliver workshops, ensuring the content is applicable to the service user
* Work with an range of demographics with differing experiences in the work place
Requirements for the Employment Coach:
* You will be a IAG Qualified Employment Coach or in a similar guidance support role
* Previous experience of providing high quality coaching support
* Knowledge and understanding of offender services, substance misuse/recovery service
* Ability to gain people's confidence and put them at ease, building their self-esteem
* A positive, enthusiastic approach to problem solving with a friendly "can do" attitude
* Experience of liaising with employers to arrange interviews and getting feedback on candidates
* Able to identify skills and qualities in a learner to match appropriately with vacancies
* Persuasive, persistent and patient
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Works well under pressure