The Forward Trust is a social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction and move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past.
You will work within our Recovery Support team which offers support to Forward Trust service users. This team is a part of the Recovery Support Department, which also offers the following support: Volunteering, Family work, Apprenticeships and Resettlement.
You will support our employability Mentoring Support Service by overseeing and monitoring the Employment Mentoring Service as well as training, recruiting and supporting Mentor Volunteers.
The Volunteer Coordinator will work with both of our Employment Coaches to deliver mentoring services to Employability Services clients, as well as supporting the Mentoring Programme Coordinator to deliver OCN and NCFE qualifications to Peer Supporters, volunteers and apprentices.
Role Responsibilities for a Volunteer Coordinator:
* Support clients or learners from employability services with their on-going needs
* Support the implementation and development of the employability mentoring or volunteering programmes.
* To recruit, interview, support and review mentors, volunteers and apprentices
* To deliver Training induction and qualifications to Mentors
* Facilitate quarterly reviews and forums and events with Mentors
* Support the Recovery Support Team Leader to develop and implement the Mentoring and Volunteering strategy
* Set individual objectives to implement and achieve strategic objectives
* Build strong relationships with, and make full use of the support offered by, head office functions
* Support the Team Leader with regular service audits ensuring that any issues are escalated and addressed in a timely manner
* Support the Team Leader to write quarterly reports for the trustees reflecting the progress against the department strategy and objectives
Requirements for the Volunteer Coordinator:
* A positive problem-solving approach with the ability to focus on key issues quickly and clearly
* Understanding of the voluntary sector and mentoring programmes
* Experience of supporting clients with their training and employment needs
* Experiencing of coaching, supervising and delivering training and induction to volunteers
* Understanding of and sensitivity to diversity and equality issues.
* Commitment to 12 steps interventions and treatment approach.
* Level 4 Education and training
* A relevant coaching skills qualification.