The Green Wave is rolling. Brexit is threatening. The possibilities are enormous for the Green Party, but so are the challenges of maintaining and growing a 10%-plus general election poll rating after the spectacular successes of the May council and European elections. The Green Party has many different parts. The small digital team is a critical part of our future success.
The development of our digital systems and digital communications are of paramount importance. The Digital Manager will be responsible for managing the Green Party’s digital systems across membership, supporter engagement, communications, canvassing, and local party support, creating a flawless user journey to encourage a variety of engagement.
The Digital Manager will have regular direct contact with many of our Regional and Local parties, managing our external agency relationships and helping manage and grow our ‘virtual agency’ of volunteers across the country.
Key projects will include developing a digital strategy to future proof our systems including reviewing our current CRM, engaging users to feel empowered when working with the Green Party’s digital systems. The Green Party wants to lead the way in digital democracy, member engagement and collaborative working and this role will be the key to this success. Working closely with our communications team, you will be able to ensure significant reach of our messages via digital platforms.
Line management responsibilities:
Digital Officer, Members Database Officer, Digital volunteers
Membership Experience Manager, local & regional parties
Applications to be submitted no later than 11:59PM the 25th of August 2019 with interviews likely to be held the week commencing 2nd of September 2019. Please email your completed application form found on our website.
Strategic digital delivery
1. Implement and project manage the digital objectives set out in the Green Party’s organisational plan
2. Design and implement training for staff, and local, regional and national party volunteers on digital systems
3. Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attendance at workshops, conferences, professional publications and bodies, and networking
4. Manage the Digital team budget and ensure cost effectiveness
5. Design and implement digital systems, policies & procedures
Digital & web management
6. Manage our Membership system based on CiviCRM and review its performance with the potential to project manage its replacement if necessary.
7. Manage the development of our Members’ intranet website
8. Liaise with the Green Party’s external digital agencies and IT suppliers as necessary to carry out project work and ensure the stability of systems
9. Contribute towards ensuring that high content standards are maintained across all our digital platforms in line with brand guidelines
10. Liaise with local & regional parties, keeping them updated on changes to our digital systems by creating technical documentation, digital communications and coordinating training
11. Create deeper integration across our entire suite of web, membership and canvassing systems, and take advantage of increased digital opportunities to fundraise and manage the increase in membership and supporter tasks
12. Manage and develop the national website
13. Manage the email delivery system ensuring our delivery reputation is maintained to maximise the effectiveness of our mass mailings
14. Manage DNS records for the party and affiliated domains
15. Line manage members of the Digital team
16 Recruit and manage digital volunteers
17. Procure and maintain digital tools for online campaigning - both single issue and electoral campaigns
18. Support our communications team in setting up systems to measure their digital advertising to advance the promotion of our political messages via digital communications, particularly social media
Information & communication technology
19. Ensure security of data and network access of national office systems
20. Manage the support ticket system used by staff, and local & regional parties to ensure tickets are resolved within agreed timeframes
21. Overall responsibility for GDPR compliance and data protection
22. Management of all IT systems including Office 365, VOIP system, Windows server, file shares, VPN, active directory, and mobile phones
Person Specification is listed on our website advertisement - please ensure you review prior to submitting your application, and feel free to reach out with any queries.