The Green Party in Wales is gearing up for the Welsh Assembly elections in 2021 and local council elections in 2022. Ahead of this, we are seeking a motivated organiser who has real drive to help us build the capacity of our local parties so that they are motivated, skilled and ready to help us win seats and secure our best ever results.
The Green Party’s strength is at its grass roots. As a member of our field team of staff covering Wales and England, you will take a lead in supporting, training and advising our local parties in the crucial work they do to build their volunteer base and win elections.
As a Field Organiser, you will be a natural relationship builder, assisting local party organisers in Wales and in due course campaign managers, to the point that they will be keen to come to you for advice and assistance to organise and recruit activists, and for strategic advice on their election campaigns ahead of 2021 and 2022. Field Organisers are part of a high performing team within the Green Party that is having a transformational impact on the work of our local parties.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Identify the needs of local Green Parties within the region, and develop a list of priority local parties according to election potential and support need. In particular, identify priority wards for potential election wins at the next set of elections.
- With a particular focus on those identified as priorities, support local Green Parties to increase their capacity to win elections, by:
- Developing strong relationships with key activists and election campaign leads in local parties and empowering them to achieve their goals
- Providing guidance and advice in volunteer recruitment, team building, election campaign planning and election campaign execution
- Facilitating sharing of best practice across local Green Parties
- Managing a regular programme of training and events, including developing a network of volunteer trainers
- Sending regular email communication to members and supporters in the region to highlight best practice and engage with the wider membership
- Share local success stories with other Green Parties in the region, with the Field Organiser network and with the Association of Green Councillors where appropriate.
- Collaborate with other Field Organisers in contributing to the Field Organiser network.
- Liaise with the Line Manager to agree an action plan and take part in a bi-annual performance review with Line Manager.
- Review and report on delivery of the plan regularly with the Line Manager.
- Inform Wales Green Party Council of local parties’ progress in relation to elections and capacity through provision of a written report to Wales Green Party Council meetings and also attending in person where required.
- Work with Line Manager to develop and implement a personal development plan on an annual basis.
- Work with the Wales Green Party Council Committee to produce a report on the Wales progress for submission to GPEx annually.
- Attend and contribute to the annual regional development workshop to enable evaluation of recent election performance across all regions and Wales.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks commensurate with the role, as directed by the Line Manager.
For more information and details on how to apply, please see the person specification and job description which is attached to this job listing and also on the jobs section of our website. Please submit a completed Green Party application form and Equal Opportunity Monitoring form to the email address in the job description by 4:00pm on Thursday 19 September 2019.