The Old Royal Naval College is one of London’s most popular visitor attractions, at the heart of the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site, welcoming 1.2m visitors annually. We are embarking on our most ambitious transformation to become an extraordinary cultural destination. We are doing this by living our values of Bold | Embracing | Imaginative | Resourceful.
The role of Head of Commercial Events is essential and responsible for developing the ongoing private venue hire and public commercial events to grow our income, visitor numbers and opportunities to cross promote and sell our ticketed visitor offer.
Delivering exceptional experiences as an extraordinary cultural destination is at the heart of everything we do at the Old Royal Naval College and our audience development plan, brand positioning and values are our guiding principles.
This role will lead the development and delivery of two key areas which are essential to our success:
- Commercial hire strategy: positioning the Old Royal Naval College as the premier location for spectacular private events and grow our income
- Commercial public events and partnership strategy: developing a year-round plan of commercial public events which engage existing and new visitors and grow income.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- Strong commercial background and experience in delivering operational excellence.
- Has experience of event management in a similar sector, field or venue
- Great communication skills (written and oral), with the ability to connect and share knowledge with a range of audiences.
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Experience of setting and managing large budgets, delivering financial targets.
Applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter (2 pages maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of the person specification, along with current CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.