The Grounded Events Company are seeking an enthusiastic, organised individual with a passion for mass participation sporting events and knowledge of the third sector. GEC are the organisers of events including the Brighton Marathon Weekend and Ragnar Relay UK, and are looking for an experienced Charity Co-ordinator to join the team and lead the management and delivery of outgoing event/company communications to the charity sector.
We are looking for a candidate that has strong administration and reporting skills to be a key conduit between GEC events and the third sector, supporting the Charity Manager and overall Commercial Team in delivering and implementing various elements of charity partnership agreements.
The successful candidate will be a pro-active organised planner with have good communication skills who is delivery focussed with good attention to detail.
An appreciation or experience of how events and charities work together would be beneficial.
You must be available to work the weekend 18-19 April 2020.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 28th November 2019. Please be available for interviews week commencing Monday 2nd December and Monday 9th December 2019.
- A key support in managing and maintaining the Charity Programme supporting the Charity Manager and internal departments to ensure delivery of charity needs according to contracts and agreements.
- Supporting charities through the delivery of our events, managing key charity relationships.
- High level of administration, including provision of customer service / point of contact for over 200 charities across the events portfolio.
- Managing a project plan in relation to all charity touch points and activity throughout the year.
- Relationship management for charities including customer service and administration.
- Managing all charity participant data through the registration process from online entry system through to post-race deferrals, including charity runner reporting, drop down listings and queries.
- Supporting Charity Manager with management of bookings, providing post sales information.
- Supporting finance team by tracking charity sales and invoice management.
- Supporting the Communications Manager with collation of digital content for the website and social media.
- Understanding of event activation for all charity partners and a key support in organising the Charity Village at Brighton Marathon Weekend.
- Training will be given on our online platforms including the website and registration as well as guidance on best practice and procedures when dealing with charity partners across all aforementioned areas.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL…
- Be proactive with a meticulous and organised approach to your work and adept at managing multiple projects and timelines.
- Good at listening and communicating with colleagues, stakeholders and different audiences.
- Friendly and confident on the phone.
- Be a strong team player who is also able to work autonomously.
- Have energy and commitment to getting the job done.
Have experience working in a similar role, ideally within the charity sector or mass participation events.
WORKING AT GROUNDED EVENTS COMPANY
We are a small but extremely hard working, committed and conscientious team of people. We believe in pulling together, sharing ideas, innovating and striving to produce events of international quality and status. The following are key values of GEC.
Creativity: Never be scared to think outside the box or make new suggestions
Passion: Have a passion for the work you are doing with a drive to learn and develop
Support: Embrace others views and needs and support team members
Collaboration: Working as one team in the office and on-site, when the team expands to include freelancers, volunteers and consultants
Innovation: use analysis, debriefs and feedback to drive event development on all levels, from communications to production and marketing
Communication: Be open with your team to allow better productivity and a positive working environment
Accountability: Plan, implement, and be responsible for the results
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Time given off in lieu of event days
- Our office is a few minutes from the sea, right in the city centre, with great coffee and beer o clock on Fridays
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.