We’re recruiting for three IS Business Analysts to help people with sight loss to lead the life they choose by gathering, analysing, documenting and validating the needs of business stakeholders, shaping IS solutions and acting as a voice of the business within IS developments. In this role the successful postholders will build a close understanding of operational requirements and work as part of a team capturing and defining system enhancement requirements between the business and IS across the agile development cycle.
This homebased role is worked around the core hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (35 hours per week) with 26 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) a year.
We offer a generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, we provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for our people.
More details about this role, the Organisation and the recruitment process can be found in the attached candidate pack and job description.
We reserve the right to close adverts earlier than the closing date.
Guide Dogs welcomes applications from all sections of the community and actively encourages diversity to maximise achievements, creativity and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or nationality. We encourage applications from people with disabilities as they are currently under-represented in the organisation and guarantee an invitation to interview for all applicants with disabilities who demonstrate, within their application form, sufficient evidence to meet the essential criteria for the job.
Guide Dogs is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk of harm with whom we work. We expect all our employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
To be able to fulfil this role, the skills and experience we are looking for in a potential candidate include;
- Diploma in Computing (or with a significant computing element) and/or Professional IT qualification or equivalent experience.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
- Experienced in business analysis, including tools and techniques for information modelling, understanding business operations and customer needs.
- Familiar with the principles, processes and practices associated with internal consultancy in the IT environment.
- Knowledge of demand management to enable optimal resourcing of the project portfolio.
- Ability to work with a broad range of user experience and abilities.
- Able to establish relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Able to convey complex technical issues to users and management.
- Knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) and the IT applications and service processes used within Guide Dogs
For the complete list of essential and desirable criteria necessary to be successful in this role please see the Person Specification within the Job Description below. The candidate pack contains more information about this role & the recruitment process at Guide Dogs.
If you are successful you will need to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. We cannot provide sponsorship for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.