We recognise that the world looks a little bit different since the pandemic. Therefore, we’re committed to enabling our staff to work where best suits the needs of the individual, their team and the organisation. For this role, there will be opportunities to work from home as well as the office. We want our staff to flourish and work in environments which maximises their potential and best serves our stakeholders.
We offer a generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, we provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for our people.
More details about this role, the Organisation and the recruitment process can be found in the attached candidate pack and job description.
We reserve the right to close adverts earlier than the closing date.
Guide Dogs welcomes applications from all sections of the community and actively encourages diversity to maximise achievements, creativity and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or nationality. We encourage applications from people with disabilities as they are currently under-represented in the organisation and guarantee an invitation to interview for all applicants with disabilities who demonstrate, within their application form, sufficient evidence to meet the essential criteria for the job.
Guide Dogs is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk of harm with whom we work. We expect all our employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
· Certified Management qualification such as ILM or equivalent relevant work experience in a management, supervisory or volunteer management role.
· Demonstrable experience of working in a professional management, supervisory or teaching / training role related to vulnerable people.
· Experience of developing, supervising and / or managing performance in others (e.g. staff/volunteers), coaching and leading a team.
· Able to demonstrate experience of managing a complex operations environment where exceptional, customer-focused service delivery is achieved.
· A comprehensive knowledge of GDPR.
· Proven ability to structure, plan and prioritise work to ensure targets and deadlines are met.
· Project Management qualification (Prince-2 or equivalent)
· Professional qualification in a related field (e.g. CQSW/DipSW, post graduate, Dip/Cert, BEd/PGCE/QTS, Habilitation/Rehab/GDT/GDMS.)
· Experience of working with dogs (CAS role)
· Experience of Rehabilitation practice / Habilitation Quality Standards / working dog practice as applicable.
For the complete list of essential and desirable criteria necessary to be successful in this role please see the Person Specification within the Job Description below. The candidate pack contains more information about this role & the recruitment process at Guide Dogs.
If you are successful you will need to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. We cannot provide sponsorship for this role.
Applications need to be made direct via the Guide Dogs wesite.
As part of your application ensure you provide evidence and examples of how your skills & experience meet the criteria as set out in the attached job description.
The system has a one-hour time limit. We would advise you to prepare your answers separately and then copy and paste into the online form once finalised.
If any mandatory fields are missed, a pop-up box will appear at the top of the page advising which sections require completion.
Please note that you’ll have to upload a CV as this is a mandatory requirement as part of our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Guide Dogs follow Safer Recruitment practices to ensure we are safeguarding the vulnerable people we work with. As part of this, we require a full work history with any gaps accounted for & a minimum of 2 professional referee details fully covering the past 5 years. If there is not enough space in your application form to provide this information, please ensure you upload additional documentation containing the additional detail.
Application Closing Date
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.