The Senior Product Manager for Children’s Technology Services is a unique leadership role for a marketer who is passionate about digital transformation to support children with sight loss and their families with technology services.
This role will lead Guide Dogs children’s technology services product development, including Guide Dogs new Tech for All programme which offers children free accessible technology and digital training, the digital transformation of current services, as well as Guide Dogs future approach to children’s technology services.
This role is 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week, with 26 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) a year. As a charity, we’re always keen to support flexible working as best we can, and this role can include some working from home. We offer a generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, we provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for our people.
More details about this role, the Organisation and the recruitment process can be found in the attached candidate pack and job description.
We reserve the right to close adverts earlier than the closing date.
To be able to fulfil this role, the skills and experience we are looking for in a potential candidate include;
• Significant, proven experience in a marketing/product management role with demonstrable outcomes in a medium or large-sized company with responsibility for brand/product management
• Experience of leading digital service development/transformation at a traditional organisation (not a technology company)
• Experience of leading a multi-functional project team
• Strong partnership skills with external partner organisations
• Ability to turn strategy into action
• Ability to be agile and make trade-offs to deliver the biggest opportunities
• Extensive demonstrable experience in a senior marketing/product management role in a medium or large-sized company
• Experience in marketing/product management of technology products and services
• Experience of software development lifecycle
• Understanding of how individuals with vision impairment access and use technology
For the complete list of essential and desirable criteria necessary to be successful in this role please see the Person Specification within the Job Description below. The candidate pack contains more information about this role & the recruitment process at Guide Dogs.
If you are successful you will need to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. We cannot provide sponsorship for this role.
How to apply
Applications need to be made using the online application form, accessed using the ‘apply’ button.
As part of your application ensure you provide to evidence and examples of how your skills & experience meet the criteria as set out in the attached job description.
The system has a one-hour time limit. We would advise you to prepare your answers separately and then copy and paste into the online form once finalised.
If any mandatory fields are missed, a pop-up box will appear at the top of the page advising which sections require completion.
Please note that you’ll have to upload a CV as this is a mandatory requirement as part of our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Guide Dogs follow Safer Recruitment practices to ensure we are safeguarding the vulnerable people we work with. As part of this, we require a full work history with any gaps accounted for & a minimum of 2 professional referee details fully covering the past 5 years. If there is not enough space in your application form to provide this information, please ensure you upload additional documentation containing the additional detail.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.