We are looking for an experienced Senior Administrator to join us at The Guild of Psychotherapists - an organisation promoting mental health in the community. This post will be an opportunity to contribute to the excellent and dedicated work carried out by our membership and staff of this leading psychotherapy organisation. The ideal candidate will possess a wide range of skills and be interested in playing a key role within a small and committed team, supporting our staff and the organisation’s activities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the office and supporting the senior management team to ensure the organisation runs effectively. You will also be responsible for the small administration team ensuring a good cooperative working environment is nurtured. Particular involvement with charitable governance, facilities management, and membership requirements is desirable.
As the first point of contact, you will need to be able to communicate effectively and sympathetically with a wide variety of people including members, staff, trainees and users of our services. Therefore, excellent people and communication skill and experience is required. Experience and understanding of psychotherapy and mental healthwould also be an asset.
The role is part time working 5 hours a day Monday to Friday at our offices based in Southwark, London.
Part time salary equates to £28,000 per annum.
Key Areas of Responsibility (but not limited to):
Governance and senior management support
- The Organisation and administration of Council meetings with AGM preparation and minute taking for both General and Council Meetings and providing relevant information for Council and committee reports.
- Completing both Company’s House and Charity Commission returns as required
Office support and general administration
- Provide support and guidance to our team members within the administration and facilitate the smooth running of the office, including repairs, maintenance and ordering of office supplies.
- Liaise with Training and Clinic Administrators as appropriate and ensure smooth running of Guild Office and also with the Finance Administrator to ensure they have all customer and supplier information and receive invoices.
- Liaise as appropriate with Guild officers regarding HR administration & recruitment and collaborate with other members of our administrative team with the website coordinator regarding the production of the Office Bulletin.
- Securing buildings insurance and oversee cleaning and maintenance of Guild premises (as the Facilities Manager will report into this position).
- Sourcing of and liaison with builders, heating engineers, decorators and other trades as appropriate and liaison with specialist services from time to time such as structural engineers, surveyors and building valuers, etc.
- Liaison with Guild Members, Students and Trainees regarding room bookings, events and with external organisations and individuals regarding room bookings to introduce new users to the Guild procedures for room use and facilities
- Oversee start-ups and attend at Guild at weekends as necessary
- Maintain system for recording new members joining, whether Guild graduates or external and maintaining new starters and resignations.
- Update Guild website regarding member status and liaise with UKCP regarding members status.
- Liaise with Events Committee and provide administrative support in conjunction with other members of our administrative team.
The Guild of Psychotherapists is one of England’s leading psychotherapy training organisations with 250 members and 70 trainees. From our headquarters in London we operate a clinic providing low-fee psychotherapy to residents of Southwark, Lambeth and Lewisham. We offer a four-year pluralist training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy. We have a programme of public events exploring crucial topics in contemporary practice and society. This role will be key to in supporting all our ongoing work, and we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that all applications are being managed by our HR Consultants at Solution22.