The Guildford Institute is an educational, community charity based in Guildford town centre. A full-time Programme Manager is needed to join the small, friendly staff team to manage and administer our eclectic face-to-face and online course programmes, alongside our room hire offering.
Key Responsibilities of the Post-holder
The Programme Manager will be passionate about the Institute’s aims of providing cultural and social opportunities for the local community. This position has become available at an exciting time, following the recent launch of our online course programme and a reestablishment of our room hire offering following the COVID-19 pandemic.
The points below identify some of the post-holder’s core areas of responsibility:
- Management and facilitation of the Institute’s courses. The post-holder will take responsibility for all aspects of planning and delivery of the main focus of the Institute’s adult education programme – the courses. This entails seeing courses through from ideas, liaising with tutors, gathering and editing copy for publicity purposes, down to practical elements on the day of delivery. The post-holder will work to ensure the continuation of current courses, whilst also having some opportunity to add new courses to the programme in line with the organisation’s aims.
- Management of the Institute’s room hire function and events diary. Holding responsibility for the Institute’s room hire bookings, the Programme Manager helps to bring in vital additional income for the organisation. In managing the Institute’s events diary, the post-holder has a hand in organising every activity that takes place within the building, as well as maintaining the important balance between the courses on offer and room hire options available to local businesses and community organisations.
- The post-holder also currently carries specific line management responsibility for our small team of stewarding and caretaking staff and deputises for the Institute Manager in times of absence.
What is The Guildford Institute and What Do We Offer?
The Guildford Institute is a membership organisation and community hub providing a wide range of activities to residents of Guildford and the surrounding areas. On offer is a wide-ranging programme of events, room hire facilities, a vegetarian restaurant and a library complete with a historic archive. The Institute has operated from its Grade II listed premises for 128 years.
Some of the key benefits of working at the Institute include:
- The post-holder will work within a small, friendly team environment
- Varied job role that provides opportunities for development and plenty of scope for original ideas and input
- Ability to interact with a vast number of local community members
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Central Guildford location
What We Seek in You
- A passion for and commitment to the aims and the work of the Institute and an enthusiasm to build on recent developments to the Institute’s programme
- Previous experience of administration of complex programmes
- An ability to plan, prioritise and organise in order to meet competing deadlines
- A keen attention to detail
- Be able to work strategically with a range of influencers, including other team members, trustees and with the priorities of the organisation as a key focus
- Excellent standard of written English and grammar
- Proof-reading skills
- A flexible, adaptable approach is essential
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills in order to build up positive relationships with tutors, room hirers and regular clients
- Excellent IT skills to enable the post-holder to make amendments to the Institute’s WordPress website and respond to technical queries relating to Zoom
The Guildford Institute welcomes applications from individuals from all sectors and backgrounds.
Timeline and Application Method
Please view the Job Description for full details of this position.
Please be advised that the interview date will be Thursday 12th November.
We invite applications with an up-to-date CV and cover letter describing how your skills and experience match our requirements.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.