We are looking for a Corporate Partnerships Coordinator to proactively develop, deliver and maximise corporate partnerships for The Gurkha Welfare Trust. The role will include stewarding existing partners and proactively developing new corporate relationships.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising & Communications, you will be solely responsible for building our corporate income line. As well as managing our current corporate caseload you will be asked to research, approach and create new relationships in order to maximise income. Applicants must have excellent communication and presentation skills and a strong track record of working to targets. A history of successful proposal writing and/or the packaging of overseas projects to suit funder requirements is desirable.
- With support from the Head of Fundraising & Communications, develop and implement a strategy for corporate partnerships and donations encompassing a ‘tiered corporate partnership scheme’ and an effective supporter journey.
- Research and recruit new corporate prospects who share a passion for our work and identify opportunities for mutual benefit via financial and non-financial partnerships.
- Develop and form lasting relationships with a range of corporate partners across a variety of fundraising activities.
- Develop and deliver corporate pitches as required.
- Manage the corporate caseload and ensure our database is kept updated with the relevant contact entries, flags and finance coding.
- Prepare and oversee the annual income and expenditure budget for corporate activities, working to ambitious yet realistic targets.
- Monitor and report on agreed KPIs relating to corporate fundraising.
- Working closely with the Head of Fundraising & Communications and our team in Nepal, develop compelling funding proposals to pitch to corporates and provide ongoing project updates.
- Be visible in the corporate and CSR network, at business events and/or training and networking opportunities.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge, and Personal Attributes
Applicants for this position should be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- Previous experience within a fundraising environment
- Strong client-facing presentation skills
- Creative ability with the skills to bring a project to life and come up with innovative partnership ideas
- A strong team player able to work collaboratively with other fundraisers towards a shared goal
- Highly motivated to reach income targets
- IT literate, with excellent Word and Excel skills
- Project management skills to handle tasks and deadlines efficiently and effectively
- Willing and able to work additional hours at events over evenings and weekends
- Flexibility to travel in the UK on a regular basis to visit prospects
- Previous corporate fundraising or CSR experience
- Previous international development or humanitarian experience
- Experience of using a CRM database, including making data selections and undertaking data analysis
- An interest in military causes and understanding of the work of The Gurkha Welfare Trust
If you have any questions over the job description or terms and conditions, please get in touch with us: Please note we may close this vacancy when sufficient applications have been received.
How To Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter by using the Apply section below.
You can also find the full Job Description below for further information.