The Gurkha Welfare Trust ensures that Gurkha veterans, their widows and their wider communities are able to live with dignity. We achieve this primarily through the provision of financial, medical and community aid in Nepal.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivering the Trust’s programme of events and challenges and support individuals and groups undertaking them on our behalf. There will be an opporuntiy to visit Nepal to see our work first-hand. Some flexibility for homeworking will be offered.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications to plan, coordinate and deliver all Trust events, including the annual Doko Challenge and Christmas carol service, one-off initiatives, project-focused or specific appeal driven events.
- Help market, coordinate and deliver the annual Trailwalker event, in partnership with Oxfam GB and Queen’s Gurkha Signals.
- Provide support and encouragement to all individuals, groups and organisations raising money for us through challenge events, and advise individuals setting up online fundraising pages.
- Oversee all event and challenge income and expenditure and liaise with the donations processing staff and the Finance team to ensure this is accurately recorded.
- Manage external event relationships with relevant suppliers and contacts to support delivery of event objectives and targets, ensure contracts are in place and value for money is achieved.
- Manage the Trust’s presence on the wider challenges and events marketplace, including advertising on key challenge and events websites.
- Lead on the evaluation of events and challenges.
- Work with the communications team to ensure effective promotion of events and challenges across all relevant mediums.
- Research, develop and project manage new events based on evidence gathered from previous initiatives in order to meet income targets.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present the Trust’s work in an accessible and compelling way
- Demonstrable experience within events management
- Strong administrative and organisation skills
- Ability to build relationships with and motivate supporters and volunteers
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationship with all external suppliers
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and a working knowledge of a CRM database
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload, alongside an ability to support others’ activities within the whole fundraising team
- Flexible, can-do attitude, with the ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure
- Experience of events and challenges fundraising in the third sector
- Understanding of Data Protection regulations
- Full clean driving licence
Some evening and weekend working, with support from other members of the team, will be necessary to deliver this role.
For further information please read the job description and visit our website.
25 days leave plus bank holidays; generous contributory pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution); company maternity/paternity pay scheme (eligibilty applies); private medical insurance.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and supporting statement addressing the person specification.
We will be holding interview as/when suitable applicatiions are received.