Supporter Care and Database Assistant
We are looking for a Supporter Care & Database Assistant to join our Fundraising team. The role is responsible for fulfilling essential supporter engagement and administrative function and is an excellent opportunity for anybody interested in starting a career in fundraising or working within the charity and/or voluntary sectors.
In this role, you will work with our Individual Giving Manager to provide an excellent donation processing and supporter thanking service, including importing both one-off and batched income and responding to supporter queries.
You will be the first point of call, for all supporters either by email, phone or in person, and will seek to build meaningful relationships to ensure that everyone feels valued, informed and passionate about the Gurkha Welfare Trust. You will make sure they fully understand the incredible difference they make to the lives of Gurkha veterans and widows and their community and help increase their levels of engagement. You will also be responsible for ensuring supporter records are accurate and amended when needed, as well as ensuring the smooth processing of direct debits.
Whether you are handling donations, maintaining a high-quality database, responding to various supporter enquiries and fulfilling their requests, or providing supportive administrative services to the wider fundraising team, the delivery of outstanding customer service to our supporters will be your focus.
This role’s primary responsibilities are as follows:
1. To process income on the CRM database from a variety of sources, including web, direct debits, campaign income, one off donations and shop.
2. To thank supporters for their gifts up to £1,000 in a timely and relevant manner.
3. Liaise with the finance team and relevant staff (when required) to reconcile income against the CRM and ensure all funds are properly administered.
4. To respond to queries and questions from supporters by phone, email, letter, and in person, recording on the CRM.
5. To process and thank donations received directly to the office.
6. To act as the main point of contact with income processing and ensure all transactions via these are accurately captured on the CRM.
7. To ensure high standards of quality and consistency for all supporter data entry and helping to ensure data is kept clean and up to date on the CRM, enabling the Trust to be compliant with the current Data Protection Act.
8. To ensure letter suite is maintained and kept up to date.
9. Ensure Gift Aid claims are recorded correctly on the CRM and confirmation letters sent where required.
10. To support the Trusts retail efforts including stock management, processing and fulfilment both online and offline.
11. Provide support where required on fundraising marketing campaigns.
Applicants for this position should be able to satisfy the following criteria:
· Experience of data entry on CRM database system
· Experience in supporter or customer care
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent IT skills including Excel and Word
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to respond to queries from supporters through a variety of channels.
· Personable and enthusiastic manner
· Organised and able to work under pressure
· Ability to be an advocate for the Trust by communicating its mission with empathy
· Flexibility and adaptability within the role as required. Willingness and ability to work occasional weekends (in exchange for time off in lieu).
· Experience of working in fundraising/charity environment
· Understanding of Gift Aid
· Understanding of Data Protection regulations
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.