We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent communication skills to join The Gurkha Welfare Trust as Trusts & Foundations Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, identifying and applying to trusts and foundations and other grant-making bodies with timely, well written and compelling proposals. The Trusts & Foundations Coordinator reports to the Head of Fundraising & Communications.
Those applying must have excellent written communication skills and a strong track record of working to targets. You must have a proven track record of successful bid writing and the packaging of projects to suit funder requirements.
Maintain and build on our rolling programme of applications for 300+ existing Trusts – identifying relevant and timely projects best suited to each funder.
- Prospect new trusts and foundations both in the UK and overseas, conducting detailed research from public sources in order to optimise cold approaches.
- Prepare and submit detailed, relevant and compelling applications for funding from grant making trusts.
- Support the development of a stewardship programme for existing grant making trusts and their trustees and ensure the timely feedback of reports to funders.
- Work closely with the team in the UK and our operations in Nepal to identify relevant programmes and activities for funding, procuring the relevant information and costings and ensuring no overlap.
- Work alongside communications colleagues to optimise applications and reports for funders.
- Be responsible for the accurate and up-to-date database records of all grant-making trusts.
- Ensure the grants fundraising function complies with all current fundraising regulations and guidance (Code of Fundraising Practice, Charity Commission guidance) and GDPR.
- Compile and provide reports for the Head of Fundraising & Communications as required.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications on projected income and expenditure in line with planned activities.
- Build and develop relationships with trust representatives through written and face to face communications with support from the Head of Fundraising & Communications.
Applicants for this position should be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- Minimum three years’ demonstrable success in trust fundraising.
- Excellent written communication and numeracy skills, with the ability to compose carefully crafted and persuasive correspondence.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage a wide range of projects, prioritise own workload and meet deadlines for reports and applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels of seniority.
- Strong research skills and the ability to identify and capitalise on leads.
- Ability to be an advocate for the Trust by communicating its mission with authority and empathy.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Willing and able to work occasional evening and weekends to support key work commitments.
- Graduate level qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of writing compelling and successful fundraising proposals for trusts and foundations
- IT literate, with excellent Word and Excel skills.
- A track record of achieving funding targets, either alone or as part of a team
- Project management skills to handle tasks and deadlines efficiently and effectively
- Sound financial literacy (particularly understanding of budgeting and financial reporting processes working closely with the Finance team)
- Understanding of the work of The Gurkha Welfare Trust.
- Experience of using a CRM database, including making data selections and undertaking data analysis.
- Understanding of GDPR guidelines
25 days leave plus bank holidays; generous contributory pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution); private medical insurance.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and supporting statement addressing the person specification.
We will be holding interview as/when suitable applicatiions are received.