Job Title: Finance Administrator
Reports to: Head of Finance
Location: Borough High Street, London SE1
Hours: 22.5hrs per week
Background and purpose
We are the only UK-wide charity for all those affected by a genetic bleeding disorder; a community of individuals and families, healthcare professionals and supporters. For 70 years we have campaigned for better treatment, been a source of information and advice, and supported people living with long-term conditions.
We want to ensure that everyone affected by a bleeding disorder:
- Lives the best life that they can
- Never feels alone or isolated
- Feels empowered and confident
We do this by:
- Raising awareness about bleeding disorders
- Providing support at all life stages
- Influencing and advocating on policy and access to treatment
More than 36,000 men, women and children in the UK have a diagnosed bleeding disorder, and the number rises every year. Membership of The Haemophilia Society is free and open to all.
- To provide administrative support to the Head of Finance in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions, to ensure income and outgoings are timely and accurately recorded.
- Accurate and timely processing of Invoices on Sage
- Obtaining authorisation of the budget holder for the expenditure
- Preparing Income batches on Raiser’s Edge
- Creating new records on Raiser’s Edge
- Managing petty cash transactions.
- Processing credit card income
- Processing credit card expenditure
- Issue invoices to customers based on services rendered and/or goods sold
- Review and process employee expenses
- Making bank deposits and keep up records
- Tracking expenses as they relate to specific projects
- Validating invoices against items or services received
- Checking all financial transactions for accuracy
- Answering calls
- Provide additional support as required
- To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have at least some previous experience in a similar role.
- You’ll have an analytical and methodical approach, maintaining the highest levels of accuracy - attention to detail is crucial!
- You’ll also have good working knowledge of Excel and SAGE Line 50 and some experience of Office365
- Desirable, but not necessary some knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, or similar database system.
- Be an effective member of the team, recognising, respecting and promoting the different roles and diversity of the individuals in the team and presenting a positive impression of the team and the organisation.
- Undertake any other tasks that may be requested.
- Be prepared to travel throughout the UK and to work varying hours including evenings and weekends as required. This post is subject to advanced DBS clearance and appropriate references.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.